Chapter 13: Happy Gnome

Depuis le début

Toby: "Sorry about him, Jimbo. I should have done it when I had the chance."

Jim: "No, Toby, look! I thought he was attacking us, but all he wanted was a home. He even found a friend."

The gnome began to string a tune on his guitar.

Toby sighs. "He has the mind of s vermin but the soil of an artist."

Y/N: "I think we should let him be. Who knows... Maybe he could prove useful in the future."

Jim: "Blinky said we needed to "take care of him," but what if we, like, take care of him? I know it's not exactly the second rule to "Trollhunting," but, for this one, maybe we do it in our way... Without the murdering, of course."

Toby: "We can keep him? Jim, I already have a name. Gnome Chompsky."

Jim: "Chompsky... I like it."

Y/N: "You're getting good at this naming thing, Tobes."

Toby shoots you a thumbs up as you three watch the gnome now dubbed Chompsky slide closer to the girl doll while the two sat on a small couch together.

Y/N: "Well, that's two crises averted."

Jim: "Totally. It's not like you get to rehearse these things."

Jim gasps.

Jim: "Oh, no! Rehearsal!"

- Later -

At said rehearsal, Claire was on stage, acting out her part.

Claire: "Oh, Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou, Romeo?"

Jim pops into the gym with Y/N right behind him.

Jim: "Shall I hear-" Jim started, but was interrupted. Steve filled in the rest of the line.

Steve: "Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?" Steve speaks through a terrible lisp, the same one he received after getting his tooth knocked out of his mouth.

Steve takes Claire's hands, causing Jim to groan. Everyone's attention then turned to Y/N and Jim.

Ms. Janeth: "Oh, Mr. Lake! Your repeated tardiness has forced me to take precautions. Mr. Palchuk will now serve as your understudy."

Claire: "Don't leave Y/N out of it!"

Y/N: "I didn't even wanna audition!"

Ms. Janeth: "That doesn't matter, we need more boys for Romeo, it's the most important role!"

Eli: "I could-!"

Ms. Janeth: "Shut up, Eli!"

Steve mocks a fake explosion to Y/N and Jim as Claire forces a small smile. She tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear, which makes Jim turn away and hold a hand to his head.

Jim: "Let's just get outta here."

Y/N nods and follows suit.

- Later -

You enter the front door of your house to see that all of the lights were off.

Y/N: "...Grandpa?"

Your grandpa groans in the living room, making you quickly make your way over to him and turn on the light.

You see him there, sleeping.

Y/N: "Phew, you scared me."

Your grandfather begins to wake up, as his eyes slowly open and turn to you. He sees you with your school bag in your hands and spots your worried eyes.

Grandpa: "I'm fine, don't worry." Once you didn't respond, your grandpa knew you were feeling upset about the fact that he was dying. So, he decided to change the subject.

Grandpa: "So... How's it going with that Claire girl?"

Y/N: "Yeah... About that."

Your grandpa looks at you quizzically.

Y/N: "I never liked her. I said that as an excuse."

Grandpa: "...Oh." He looks away, saddened. Most likely since you hid a secret from him.

Y/N: "But that doesn't matter," You take your bag off of your back and sit down next to your Grandpa.

Y/N: "I'm gonna tell you everything." You figured since he someway and somehow already knew about the "trolls."

Grandpa: "...Everything?"

Y/N: "Everything." You finish, as you pull out your bright, red amulet...