5

"I think about you on the road when I tear down the booth. Man, I can't wait 'til I get home and fuck the shit out of you..."

—

Eventually it gets dark enough outside that they have to click on a light in the kitchen, far away enough to not bother Roddy's eyes but bright enough that they can move around without knocking something over.

"Ain't nothing set in stone so I say we wait 'n see how everything plays out with the case."

Durk hums, tapping his fingers on the coffee table. He hasn't actually done anything so there's no chance of jail time but the court date is weeks away so he'll have to reschedule his tour which means a lot of money and a lot of phone calls.

A fucking hassle.

"Find out what you can about that nigga when you get the chance - and take your time I'm not in a rush."

Across from him Roddy nods, eyes slipping shut. They're situated on either side of the coffee table, a notepad sitting open on the glass.

"Who else knows about what's goin' on? The streets have been quiet all day so I doubt Von and Boona are caught up."

Fucking Boona. Durk shakes his head. "Boona will be the last motherfucker to know if I have any control over it. He wouldn't be able to stay put if I handcuffed his ass to a radiator."

At that Roddy throws his head back and laughs, the edges of his blanket fluttering down off his shoulders and onto the plush living room carpet.

Smiling, Durk pulls out his phone then pauses when he hears someone moving around behind the front door.

Setting his phone on the floor he shuffles over to side of the couch and peeks around it, one hand slipping under his shirt to grasp at cold metal.

Whoever it is takes a hot fucking minute trying to get in and Durk is about to stand up and offer a very warm welcome when a hand settles on his shoulder.

He looks back and sees Roddy leaning over the table shaking his head, a smile tugging at the edges of his lips. "All of y'all are so fucking paranoid, I swear."

The door swings open and Taurus' voice fills the apartment. A sharp, "Aye not so rough nigga." Then a louder, "Bae?"

"I'm here." Roddy calls back, voice soft.

"Take me to the living room." Durk raises an eyebrow as Taurus grunts and a familiar voice cuts sharp against the silence. "Take yourself to the fucking living room lil nigga. All I had to do was getcho ass home"

"Von?" He climbs onto the couch and watches as Von's eyes snap up to meet his, expression softening ever so slightly.

"I was wonderin' where yo ass was at. I called you."