Useless obsession

Start from the beginning

<< Did you find out? You didn't sign up yourself? >>

<< Yes, well, no... it's too complicated... >> The words came out of her lips with difficulty, also because she did not know what to say to the blue if not the truth and she preferred to avoid it.

<< I don't want it to seem like every time we talk, I try to lead you down the wrong path, because it's definitely not my intention, but you don't seem particularly happy to participate. >> Maybe she hated not only the eyebrows of the blue, but also that damn mouth that every time she spoke to her seemed to really know her, as if she could see her soul without filters, without lies or excuses behind which to hide.

<< It's simply hard to keep up with everything, but I want to do well, I want to win this competition, that's why I'm slightly stressed, obviously I'm worried about not making it and failing... > The only problem was that the truth her words contained was much bigger than the one she wanted to share.

<< I know you will be great and even if you don't win, you won't have failed, losing is never a failure, because you can learn a lot by losing... >The blue herself found herself surprised at what she was saying, in the last days she had found herself saying things that she never thought her mind was able to think, before then she wasn't aware of all this wisdom, evidently hidden, in her body.

The brunette wanted to agree with the girl, those words sounded too good for her taste and in the end losing was not something bad and it could happen to everyone, but she had not been raised that way. Losing was a failure and failure was a negative element. Winning was not an option, it was her duty.

<< ... however, if you are so worried, think that whatever happens, you will definitely do better than what I could do. >> The blue continued, accompanying with a small laugh her own self-irony and leaving the brunette to set off for the next class.

Yeji saw the girl walk away from her and a half laugh escaped her at the other's sentence.

<< Aren't you coming, Miss "I'm not afraid of you, Math, i will kick your ass at the competion"? >> The blue one turned towards her saying those words with a smile and for the first time Yeji noticed the dimples that formed on her cheeks when this was so genuine as to involve even her dark eyes like darkness.

*At lunch*

The plastic fork ran along the plate in front of her eyes, drawing an imaginary line on the bottom of it, creating invisible decorations around the food still untouched by the brunette.

<< Yeji-unnie, aren't you hungry? >> Charyeong's voice made her eyes turn away from the non-existent painting she was drawing all over her plate.

<< How are you not hungry unnie? Today they prepared your favorite food. >> Yuna immediately entered the conversation with her usual insatiable enthusiasm.

<< I'm not very hungry... >> She replied, leaving no room for too many words for that topic.

<< Okayy but you should eat, it is important not to skip meals during the day, especially for a busy person like you, unnie... >> In another situation she would not like to receive lessons from a girl two years younger than her, but she knew Yuna and considered her as a younger sister, so her words could only warm her heart because it reminded her how their relationship was much deeper than it seemed, even if they didn't show it, they took care of each other.

<< ... Ryujin-unnie is constantly reminding me to eat, as if I was the one skipping meals, tsz... >> Although most likely this last sentence of the blonde was not intended for anyone to her at that table, it was only a consideration made aloud by the youngest, the sudden mention of the blue made raise slightly the corners of the thin lips of the brunette in a slight smile that, most likely, even she wasn't aware of.