zero. bleeding dead butterflies

woodsboro, we missed you

THURSDAY, 9.27pm_ 23rd September 2022

" you should come over :)"
taras stomach filled with butterflies as her phone buzzed. the girl picked up her phone and smiled. it was amber, of course. although they had known each other for years, it was as if they had met yesterday. only recently had their sapphic love been revealed to one another. tara had been gawking over the eccentric girl since she shouted at a boy for pushing tara over in a skatepark when they were fourteen. it was the utter care that made her fall. it had been under a year since her sister left and her mom drifted so little things like that meant a lot to the girl.

tara carpenter was a fairly innocent girl. i mean, yes she was sixteen, she drinks, parties and occasionally gets high but inside, she was still the ten year old girl that witnessed her family splitting up. as a child, tara relied on her sister a lot. after all, sam was the reason tara had the friends she had now because of the babysitting. but whenever tara had a problem, a nightmare, help with homework, it wasn't her mother or father she went to. it was her big sister.

her mobile rung from across the room. your first character had been making ramen in a pot. she felt startled slightly, she wasn't the most social girl. if she was, she would be a nick baxter girl like casey becker or nancy stewart. luckily though, social status meant absolutely nothing to the girl. but no, she wasn't the most social person in the world so to her, things like calling could just be avoided. just fucking text me.

the phone read 'FREEMON... accept - decline'.
monica freeman, her girlfriends sister. there's no one way to describe monica freeman, she's the type of girl who has the potential to be famous but stay modest and humbled. mon was the type of girl to notice somethings up with you when your hiding in the group. she's the type of girl to invite you to sit with her if you were eating alone. the former head girl of woodsboro high was the model student: friends with the popular kids but didn't act above everyone, always had a smile on her face, respected the teachers, helped the younger kids get to their lesson. by just being near monica, you felt worthy, special. she warmed everyone's hearts, everyone but ambers.

tara accepted the call within seconds of seeing the name. it doesn't matter how much she hates phone calls, monica was worth it. she was the sister tara needed to get through the hard times.
"mon?! hey!!" tara gleamed.
"heyyy it's my favourite girl in the entire world!!" soothingly monica squealed. "how's it going? i'm just calling to check in and to see if you've heard from amber? i'm out with the girls and i know your both home alone so feel free to stay over, i'll be home in a few hours."
"my mom said she doesn't want me to leave, but ellie's down there now so i might come up for a bit. ambers just texting me now, are you guys still not talking?" tara questioned, her tone greyed with lost hope.
"eh i mean, i'm talking to her she's just kinda not replying. but it's okay don't worry." monica and amber are complete opposites. monica was a warm, social personality and amber had a cold, pessimistic personality. some said she was just jealous of her sister but there was actually a much deeper meaning behind it, "i know you hate calling so i'll let you go now, hope you have an exciting night in, remember to lock the doors, love you"
"i will i promise, i love you more mon, talk later"
irony. as she started to text her lovergirl again, the landline rung. a blocked number. eyes rolled, declined the call and went back to making her ramen. 9.31pm

9.33pm
again, the landline screeched, this time our opening girl fell for the trap and answered the call. butterflies still clenched in her stomach.
"hello?"

9.35pm
a few doors away, eleanor was laid on her stomach on the freemans homes living room. amber had invited her over. they were quite similar people but even though they were in the same group, they never really hung out just as a duo.
"you're still coming, right? don't leave me here it's so awkward" the girl texted tara. amber was upstairs doing god knows what but tara was supposed to be coming over soon with her 'take away ramen pot'. i mean, taras normally late for everything but she knew how pissed eleanor would be if tara left her alone with amber. she had nothing against amber, like i said, they were basically twins apart from the fact eleanor could be unbelievably awkward when she feels slightly uncomfortable. 'Find My Friends' was an app trending around their school currently. it was a weird app to trend but i supposed if you had a group, it was a fun little game. the only purpose of it is to see where you friends phones are at that point in time. the mini gale weathers opened the app the to try find out what the hell tara was playing at. 'i fucking knew it'  thought ellie, 'she's still home'. it was weird though, the tracker was moving so strangely, as if she was running around her home. what on earth was she doing. but that wasn't even the weirdest part: "Your friend AMBER FREEMAN is at CARPENTERS HOUSE with TARA CARPENTER".
confused, eleanor looked up. she was literally in the freemans home with amber. is the app just broken? but a then "🚨🚓" notification appeared at the house.
"AMBER??" she called out, shakily.

back at the carpenters house, tara got slammed to the floor. a tall, menacing ghostface stood above her. ready to strike. tara was crying, pleading out for help, but she was all alone. the killer had already been on call with her for a few minutes, delaying her visit to the freemans. but after the threat on ambers life, her girlfriend had ran to the door to go and help but to her surprise, the killer was waiting for her outside her door. slicing her through the stomach, tara then shut the door, locked it and headed her way to the kitchen. she looked down to see how deep the cut was. bleeding dead butterflies. the blood was pouring out of her. and then only a few moments later, we are brought to the present.

sliced and stabbed in the stomach, cut straight through the hand, her story was almost over. straining her way to the porch doors, still crying out loud, the ghostface grabbed her ankle and pulled her back. suddenly, sirens started to be heard in the background. the victim felt a tiny sense of relief before being brought back to reality. arm raised, the psycho was faced with a butterfly effect: do i go in for the kill or get out of here right fucking now.

A/N;
they are finally here!! i am PRAYING that this chapter is at least decent. idk it feels a bit rushed to me and starting sentences is hard for me so i feel like that could make it potentially boring if i keep started with "the girl", "she", "then" but hopefully i don't. i also consistently write long sentences but i'll try work on that. i also haven't really checked for SPaG errors so praying that it's okay, anyways, enjoy!! :))