A Wilted Flower Cannot Bloom

TW: murder??? police??? bodybag???? idk??? pills

"S-Sunny...?" I mumble, looking at the horrid sight in front of me.

Laying before me was my dear brother with a bloody knife in my brothers hands, a wound through his stomach, my pills scattered on the ground, and Hero, standing in front of me, shaking.

"Oh... M-Mari. Don't you look nice...?" Hero says, turning around to face me.

"Whats...happening?" I mutter, tears welling up in my eyes.

    "D-Don't worry—" Hero rests his hands on my shoulders—"It'll be okay."

    I don't respond. I don't move. The sight in front of me had worsened and deafened everything except that foul ringing in my ears.

    My brother...my baby brother... his hair fell over his face revealing only an eye. The eye stared at me, wide open, judging me, screaming at me, crying, "Why did you do this...?"

    "Mari..." Hero began, " I know it's but...b-but this is for the best. Please...please just st-stop looking at him. That'll only make it hurt more..."

    "N-No, he's... his-..." I cover my mouth with my hand, too nauseous to finish what I was saying.

    "He's...?" Hero asks, prompting me to continue.

    Against his better judgment, he turns around to see Sunny staring back at him. His eyes, void of life, stare into our soul.

    Suddenly, a voice calls out.  Not Hero's or mine, not even my mom or dad's. My boyfriend's brother, Kel shouted from downstairs.

    "Hero?! Are you there? Mom asked me to come get you!" He yelled while closing the door.

    Hero freezes for a moment before taking my hands.

    "Mari...everything will be okay. Pl-Please try and stay calm." He begins to lead me out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

    "Hero! Mari!!" Kel exclaims, seeing us coming down the stairs. He takes a closer look at us before speaking once more with disgust in his voice, "Ew! Is that blood? Why is there blood on you guys...yuck."

    All I can do is stand there. I look over at Hero, wanting to cry but not being able to.

    "Kel..." Hero utters, his voice breaking, "It's about Sunny..."

     "What happened to Sunny? Did he get hurt?" Kel asks, growing worried.

    "He's...he-..." Hero stutters, not knowing how to deliver the news, "L-Let's just say...he's in a better place."

    Kels face of worry slowly turns to one of shock and trauma.

    "...What? Doesn't....wouldn't that mean he's...? No, Sunny's not dead, he-"

    "I'm sorry, Kel." Hero pulls Kel in for a hug, trying to calm him.

    "No! No, I'm going to go up and see him! This isn't funny, and I would know!" Kel retaliates, pushing Hero away.

    "H-Hey! Kel, you can't-" Hero says, raising his voice while pushing Kel backward.

    "I don't have to listen to you!" Kel broke through Hero's grip and dashed up the stairs.

    Hero stood there, hopeless, knowing he couldn't catch Kel. He was going to see him

    There was a distant sound of doors opening and shutting. It was only a few more seconds before I heard a scream and the noise of him running back downstairs.