Chapter 3 Tartarus

Start from the beginning

"Oh, this is ridiculous!" The Archer let out a frustrated sigh.

"He found me cryin' like a baby at the convenience store, surrounded by a bunch of coffins. . ." Junpei admitted reluctantly, laughing nervously to keep up some bravado. "I don't remember much, but man. . . It was embarrassing. Akihiko-senpai said it's, ya know, completely normal. . . in the beginning." There was a slight pause, and Yukari tried to recall when she discovered her own potential. "Like being confused, and not remembering anything. Did ya guys know that?"

"I don't remember that being how-" Yukari was cut off.

In his usual Minato fashion, he pointed out the most obscure piece of the story.

"Why were you at a convenience store so late?" He wondered cluelessly, SEES staring at him blankly whilst he felt Orpheus facepalm.

"Wow man, you're on a whole other page." Junpei let out a hearty laugh. "Well, aren't you guys stoked? Havin' me join?"

"Uh. . . Yeah." Yukari sweatdropped, Minato flashing his classmates a thumbs up.

"Don't slow us down." The bluenette remarked.

"Don't worry about me! If anything, you guys'll be struggling to keep up!" Iori fired back passionately!

"Seeing as you're all so pumped, let us depart." Mitsuru interjected with a sly smile, the Second-Years sending her confused glances.

"We're going. . . somewhere. . .?"

Scraping the sky was the twisted labyrinth, The Tower of Demise

Scraping the sky was the twisted labyrinth, The Tower of Demise. . . Tartarus.

"WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED TO OUR SCHOOL?!" Junpei screamed as the Dark Hour began, the tower emerging from beyond the gates to Gekkoukan High. . .

"I. . . I don't know what to say. . ." Minato mumbled, eyes trying to register just what it was he was looking at.

"Yeah. . . That was my reaction when Senpai showed me." Yukari whispered, just as shocked as she was the first time she'd seen it.

It was the Shadows' Nest, filled with endless floors of winding corridors.

"Wh-Why- How is this possible?!" Their new recruit asked, only to receive uncertainty from their upperclassmen.

"Maybe now, we'll find out." Akihiko unlocked the gate with a key and pushed it open, the entrance to the tower gleaming ominously. . . "Mitsuru and I have only gone in to take a peek; This will be our first time exploring it."

"As much as I admire your enthusiasm, you are not accompanying us, Akihiko." Mitsuru stressed with a mild glare, the whitette gritting his teeth and sighing.