Sayonee | Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

Ved was quite. "I'll still get you the medicines with my money." Ved was adamant.

"No. Unless and until you have a relation with me, you'll not be helping me anymore. I am thankful for you to let me stay under your roof, but nothing more or less would be acceptable." She flared.

The hours passed by as Ruhani kept giving Ved a cold shoulder. As much as he didn't want to admit, he was getting affected. He wanted to mend and give whatever Ruhani felt a closure for she deserved to move on with someone worthier. But he couldn't. He couldn't even imagine Ruhani actually looking at any other man the way he looked

"This shit is really irritating now, Ruhani." Ved muttered at the end of the first day as he stood in front of a gloomy Ruhani with his hands on his hips.

"What's irritating? My presence? What do you suggest? Should I just leave f-" Ruhani's rambling was cut off.

"Shut up." Ved said.

"I never started the conversation. It was you." Ruhani shrugged.

"Don't give me a cold shoulder." Ved mumbled after a silent second.

"I am not giving you any shoulder at all- neither hot nor cold." Ruhani passed a lame mockery. "Be clear with your demands."

"Don't give me a silent treatment." Ved tried again.

"I am not giving you any treatment-" Ruhani was yet again cut off.

"Cut the bullshit, Ruhi." Ved grumbled out. "You know what I mean."

"Actually, I don't. So why don't you just pick the right words and help me understand what your question was all about?" Ruhani replied.

"What do you want me to do for you to not be so silent during your stay here?" Ved sighed. It was almost unbearable. The thought of having Ruhani around himself made him giddy, that day. And Ruhani giving him a cold shoulder while all he was accustomed to was her illogical rambling about anything and everything, was a living hell.

"Let me stay here longer. Date me?" Ruhani shrugged. "You deserve better, Ruhi!" Ved was frustrated at this point. She wasn't mature enough to understand that things might turn ugly if he did what his heart wants, even if their age difference is to be neglected.

"Oh please not that cliché line! Let me decide what's good for me, for god's sake!" Ruhani yelled out.

"What do you think about Arunaditya?" Ved asked on a grave tone. This would pain his heart a lot but he had to do it. Maybe then, she'll know why he's rejecting her offer.

"He's my brother, more like a father figure who's happy with his family right now as you grieve about what you did to him in the past." Ruhani triggered. She knew what he was trying to play at.

"You said he's like your father figure. I am almost the same age, I'll be like your father figure too." Ved pointed out.

"Nope. He's like my dad. You'll be my daddy. There's a huge difference between you too." Ruhani remarked with a straight face. And oh my! Was Ved Shrivastav's crimson cheeks a sight to see!

"Stop being blunt." Ved snarled.

"Stop rejecting me. I have my self respect to cater, too. One more time and I'm walking back into the forest I came from. I don't care if I become a prey to any of those wild beasts." Ruhani warned. "I won't have forced you had I not seen the glint in your eyes thay clearly indicates you want me in your life too."

Ved stayed quite before eventually sighing and giving up.

"Only if you promise you'll not be giving up your family for me, if we see some kind of future together." Ved mumbled out looking into her soul.

Ruhani squealed and pounced upon Ved as he embraced her petite form in his arms. Keeping her head over his beating heart, gave her the serene she was longing for. A tear slipped her eyes as a sob wrecked her throat. She, for once, can finally have what she wants without her family interfering and repeatedly burdening her with their decisions. As much as she loved her family, they could be overbearing at times. They wanted her to be independent but didn't want her to have the freedom her brothers had. They wanted her to be protected and in the safe shell of Jaipur Palace but won't even interrogate when she went missing straight for a week. They would make sure she eats healthy but won't give two fucks about her mental and emotional health. That's how Rathores were to her.

"Why are you crying now?" Ved was almost whining. Women were the most difficult species to understand, atleast that's what the women in Ved's life made him believe. "Do you need anything else? Or are you done with a momentary relationship and now wanna break up?" Ved teased her which earned him a smack on his chest.

"I am just happy and overwhelmed. I never thought I'll finally be in your arms. It just feels like a dream." Ruhani answered. "Tsk. So cliché. Gets something original Ruhani." Ved mocked her to which she snuggled deeper into his chest.

Flashback over, I guess?

"You know we can't be hiding from your family too long, right?" Ved asked her as he gently let his finger drap random patterns on her scalp to which she leaned more into him, accustomed to the relaxing feeling.

"I know." Ruhani sighed. "They'll eventually send a search operation if they can't reach my phone." She patted his chest in deep thoughts.

"I wanted to propose something." Ruhani bit her lips as she looked up at Ved who raised one of his eyebrows in question. "Its rarely been a month of us dating, darling, you can't propose me for marriage so soon." Ved answered.

"I am serious." Ruhani deadpanned. "For marriage?" Ved continued his torment. Ruhani smacked his chest in response.

"Okay, I am all ears. As long as you're not jumping into seeking for sexual relationship, marriage and dropping the bomb of meeting your family within the next two hours, I am patiently listening." Ved replied.

"I want you to be my company's legal attorney." She replied. "We'll shift to New Delhi, there's my main office. You can work with me. We'll stay away from this toxic town, my family and all the fame that I hate being a part of. Also, we'll be closer to your mother. The institution is going to discharge her in a year or so, we can bring her back to our home too. I'll absolutely suggest live-in until we get married but to make it pious for the society, we can have your mother at home. I already have a 3 bhk flat anyways, we can just live there." She rambled as Ved sat there patiently listening.

"I am not a corporate lawyer, Ruh." He pointed out. "I am rather a civil lawyer." He said. "Then you can do a crash course or something and train for a year over there before you join the company." Ruhani said.

"Why do you wanna leave this town?" Ved asked. He was insecure that she belittled his income and found him incapable of taking care of her needs, which is infact an undeniable truth.

"Because people and rules of this town are toxic. What if someday they get to know that we aren't married? Moreover, they don't even facilitate any modern day services like network, internet, etc etc." Ruhani pointed out. "I'll be moving all over the country for photography and projects, it would be really difficult in terms of transportation if you see."

"That's all?" Ved asked. He was waiting for the her to describe his financial status. "Yup?" Ruhani answered. Ved was relieved. Atleast, his manly ego wad still safe.

"Hmm. Let's see." Ved sighed.

~•~•~

Don't ask me how many times I lost this chapter! This is the fourth time I am typing this shit out!

I have been running on two to three hours sleep per day and I don't know what have I even typed out.

Anyways, get me 50 comments and 130+ votes and I'll update the next chapter by tomorrow 9 pm. Otherwise, I'll laze around and delay it, I know how lazy I can be without motivation!

Rathores- The Royal Saga On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara