CHAPTER SIX, the legend of el explosive

Start from the beginning

 "Dude," Jackson glares at Popko. "That's my best friend. Back off." Popko raised his hands in defense.

DJ rushes over to where the set up was, ripping down the caution tape that was blocking off the mattresses. "Jackson!" 

Jackson gets up immediately. "Hi, mom."

DJ points at the boy on the mattress. "That better not be your brother."

"Hi, mom." Max responded.

DJ kneels beside Max and helps him sit up. As she asks Max if he was okay, Jackson takes off his mask and glances at Violet with a frown. "Vi, you told my mom where we were?"

"No," Violet shakes her head and sighs. "She figured it out on her own." She crosses her arms. "I told you this was a bad idea, but did you listen? No." She dramatically dragged out the word 'no' while rolling her eyes. 

"You boys know you're not supposed to be here." DJ said.

"Jackson said you gave us permission." Max explained.

DJ looks at Jackson with a glare and Jackson cringes, looking away from her. DJ stands up which made Max fall back on the mattress since she was holding him up. "And now you lied?"

"In my defense, how did you even know I was here?" Jackson inquired.

"Dude, your mom's a vet. She must have dog-chipped you." Popko chimed in.

"I did not dog-chip him. I used mother's intuition." DJ pulls out her phone from her back pants pocket. "Which is the name of the app I used to track you." 

"See?" Violet said to Jackson, pointing at DJ. "I told you she figured it out on her own." 

DJ points at Jackson. "You can forget about going to Lucha Kaboom."

Jackson's eyes widen. "What?"

"And where are your parents?" DJ asked Popko.

"Oh, my mom just stepped out." Popko smiles. "She'll be back the minute you leave."

"I'm on to you, Popko." DJ tells him. She glances at her sons. "Let's go, boys." DJ guided Jackson out of the backyard and Violet followed them, but then she stopped when she remembered Max was still on the mattress and was having trouble getting up.

"Sorry, Max!" Violet apologized, rushing back over to Max to help him up. 

****

(violet's outfit for the next day) 

The next day Jackson tried doing nice things for his mom in an attempt to convince her to let him go to the wrestling match

The next day Jackson tried doing nice things for his mom in an attempt to convince her to let him go to the wrestling match. He did the dishes, made her breakfast in bed, and made her coffee, but he still wasn't allowed to go. 

"Well, that's perfect! You know, I don't even wanna go. It sounds boring." Jackson grins. "How's that for reserve psychology?"

From her place sitting on the couch, Violet laughs a bit, smiling at him with amusement. "Not bad but it could be better."