CHAPTER SIX, the legend of el explosive

Start from the beginning

Violet grimaces since she knew the answer, but doesn't say anything. "Oh, yes, yes, yes, of course." Jackson nods. "They're very responsible people."

DJ glances at Max. "Max?"

"They're never home." Max responds and Jackson looks at him with disbelief. He pouts, throwing a bag of skittles on the table. "Here's your skittles."

"Okay, that's it. Until I talk to his parents, you boys are not allowed at the Popko's." DJ glances at Violet. "I assume you don't go over there anyway, but you're not allowed over there as well."

"You assumed correctly." Violet nods. She crosses her arms, shakin her head. "I never liked that boy so you won't see me over there."

"What?" Jackson asks in disbelief, glaring at his mom. "That's bogus!" 

"Yeah, that's bogus!" Max agrees. He looks at Jackson with a hopeful expression. "Can I have the skittles back?" In response, Jackson moved the skittles out of Max's reach while DJ tended to his bruise. 

"Boys, who's your favorite aunt?" Stephanie asks as she walks into the room. She glances at Violet. "And Violet, who's your favorite next door neighbor?" She grins. "No need to answer. I know it's me. Okay, I am deejaying at Lucha Kaboom and I got us all tickets."

Violet's eyes lit up and she smiles excitedly. "Awesome!"

"Wow! That's amazing!" Jackson grinned.

"Oh my gosh!" Max excitedly said.

"I get to go to Lucha Kaboom?" DJ asked excitedly and looked confused.

"You don't know what Lucha Kaboom is, do you?" Violet questioned, looking at her with amusement.

"Nope." DJ shakes her head. "What's Lucha Kaboom?"

"It's Mexican wrestling. It's got crazy outfits, crazy stunts and crazy chickens." Jackson answered.

"And guess who's headlining? King Jaguarito." Stephanie added.

Max's eyes widen and he takes the tickets from Stephanie to look at them closer. "Oh my gosh!" He said excitedly.

"That's so cool!" DJ smiles and stands up. She furrows her eyebrows. "Who's King Dorito?"

"Mom, he's not a corn chip." Max tells her. He grins. "He's king of the jaguars and he's my favorite wrestler!" 

"Oh." DJ said in realization. She smiles. "Well, as a veterinarian, I am always in favor of raising awareness for endangered jungle cats." Violet giggled a bit, smiling at DJ with amusement.

"Yeah, 'cause that's what wrestling is all about." Stephanie remarked.

****

Violet and DJ rushed to the backyard of Popko's house later that day. The boys were gone and DJ found out they had went over to Popko's house. Violet already knew where Jackson and Max were since Jackson had asked her to promise not to tell anyone where he and Max went. Violet kept her promise and even tried to stop DJ since she knew DJ wouldn't like what she would see. 

Just as Violet and DJ arrived, Jackson jumped off the roof of the tool shed, landing on top of someone covered in pillows and wearing a helmet, the two of them laying on mattresses. A group of boys stood by, watching as they exclaimed out of excitement and cheered Jackson on. Violet grimaced. She knew Max was the one laying underneath Jackson.

"I told you that you wouldn't like this." Violet sheepishly said to DJ. 

Popko smiles at Violet when he noticed her and then he smirks. "Hey, sweet thing." Violet rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.