XXII. Unwanted Visitor

Zacznij od początku

His jaw clenched as he concentrated on the voices. The voices and the thoughts that he could hear downstairs.

He wanted to refrain from telling her, for her safety. But he knew too well of her stubbornness and that she'd know one way or another.

"An unwanted visitor." He spoke quietly before he stood up.

Elizabeth stood up as well, following him to the bedroom door. "What? Who is it?"

Edward walked cautiously towards the staircase that led down to the entrance of the home, as Elizabeth quickly followed behind.

"Stay behind me." He instructed as the two descended down the steps.

Elizabeth did as told, while also now hearing the voices that filled the room. Most of which she recognized. Except one.

"I'm sorry, I believe you're mistaken."

"Just go back home, dog."

"I'm not going anywhere until I get some answers."

Rosalie and Carlisle's voices had spoken along with another voice she'd now recognized as she approached. Elizabeth had now fully entered the room, she moved aside from Edward blocking her view to reveal the new voice.

"See, I knew she'd be here."

"Jacob?" Elizabeth exclaimed in confusion.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't aware the two of you knew each other." Carlisle apologized.

"Yes. We've had a couple of encounters." Elizabeth explained.

"If that's what you wanna call it." Jacob muttered.

Rosalie sighed in frustration. "For the last time, leave. Before I make you, mutt."

Jacob scoffed. "For the last time, I'm not leaving until someone explains why the hell there's some type of forcefield thing surrounding this town. I know it has something to do with little miss super powers over here." He gestured to Elizabeth.

"It's alright Jacob, I can explain." Elizabeth spoke as she began to step forward only to be stopped by Edward's arm.

"Not a chance." Edward gritted through his teeth to Jacob.

She looked to him in confusion as he eyed Jacob. "He wants the two of you to speak alone."

Elizabeth looked to Jacob as he rolled his eyes. "Do me a favor, and stay outta my head."

"I'll meet you outside in just a minute, Jacob." Elizabeth nodded to him before he slowly turned around and stepped outside.

"Would you give us a moment," Edward spoke to his two family members that still stood by them.

The two nodded before exiting the room, leaving Elizabeth and Edward alone.

Before Elizabeth could open her mouth to speak, Edward spoke first. "Anything he wishes to discuss can be discussed right here." He crossed his arms.

Elizabeth sighed. "Look, I understand there's this whole rivalry between you all, but they deserve to know." Elizabeth looked to him as he avoided eye contact. "I mean I basically entrapped them in the hex without their consent, and also considering they have no knowledge as to why."

He only kept his gaze away from her as he listened to her speak.

She shook her head. "You of all people should know I can handle myself if I need to." She spoke taking a few steps towards the door.

"Elizabeth." Edward stopped her, finally looking at her.

"Edward. He won't hurt me. Read his mind." Elizabeth spoke as the two of them glanced to where Jacob stood just on the outskirts of the forest.

Edward didn't speak which was Elizabeth's indication she was right.

"I'll be right back." She gave his hand a squeeze before finally exiting the home.

Approaching the tall greenery of the forest, Elizabeth and Jacob slowly walked side by side as they spoke. Elizabeth explained her reasoning for creating the hex. How the Volturi had been after her. How her only intentions were to keep everyone safe.

"Figured you'd end up with the pale faces, somehow." Jacob spoke as he tossed a rock aside he'd picked up a few feet back.

Elizabeth slid her hands into her pockets "Well somehow the both of you guys were the ones who stumbled upon me. They, however didn't try to kill me once finding out my abilities." She raised a brow at him.

He held back a slight laugh. "Can't blame a wolf's instincts, for all we knew you were a threat."

"Not until I was tested." Elizabeth shot back.

"Yeah, yeah." He tossed another rock skipping it against a tree.

"If there's any time you need to leave the hex I can open it. You're always welcome to give me a call." Elizabeth spoke.

Jacob held back a scoff. "Not exactly what we've heard from Seth. Said you were basically unreachable, which is why I had to come all the way out here myself to get some answers."

Elizabeth felt terrible. "Oh, that's completely my fault. I haven't really had possession of my phone since the little incident."

"How is he?" She asked now looking to him.

Jacob sighed. "Fine, for the most part. Thing is, once we shift we can pretty much hear all each other's thoughts and every damn time I swear he's wondering about you."

Elizabeth felt even more guilty. He didn't deserve the lack of communication. "Maybe, I should come by? You know, inform everyone else on the hex, and I'll be able to explain everything if there's any questions."

"What? Like right now?" Jacob raised an eyebrow.

Elizabeth let out a slight laugh. "When else?"

Jacob shrugged with furrowed brows.

"Perfect. Give me one second." Elizabeth said just before she used her abilities to transport herself in an instant back to the Cullen house.

Jacob stumbled back in shock at the red mist that swept her away with it.

She appeared behind him bringing her lips to his ear as she spoke. "I'll be back before dark."

Just as Edward turned to meet her gaze, she'd vanished once again with her red mist trailing behind.

Elizabeth appeared in front of Jacob once again. "Okay, let's go."