The Protogen

(y/n) blinked, and so did the protogen.

A moment of silence passed between the two.

Suddenly, (y/n) sits up quickly, screaming in fear, "AAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!"

The protogen stumbles back flapping her arms in the air, screaming as well as the eyes on her visor turned into exclamation marks, "AAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!"

The animatronic then fell off the bed, and onto the floor, where she curled herself into a fetus position, trembling.

(Y/n) huffed, regaining his his breath for the surprise.

He then, got on his knees, and peeked over his bed to see the protogen on the ground, still shaking.

"Y-you're that protogen that I bought!" He stated.

The protogen then peeked, and stood up on her paws.

"Yep, that's me!..... Also, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you..... I was just so excited to meet you, I waited for a long time because you were sleeping!" The protogen said, climbing onto his bed and crawling towards him.

The animatronic then hugged him, wrapping her arms around his neck and laying her visor on his shoulder which caught the boy off guard.

She wagged her tail, happy to see her owner.

"You..... waited for me to wake up? Wait..... d-did you watch me sleep?" (Y/n) asked, concerned.

"Mhm!" The protogen cheeringly hummed in response, before nuzzling the boy's cheek.

"U-uh okay..... please don't that....." (Y/n) asked, blushing.

"You don't like it when I nuzzle your cheeks?" The protogen asked, tilting her head in confusion.

"No, just don't watch me sleep..... That's kinda creepy," he corrected, glancing away.

"Oh, okay!" The protogen replied.

After that, a moment of quietness passed, as the protogen was still attached to her owner.

"Um..... You can let go of me now," (y/n) stated before the protogen broke her hug and sat back, sitting in front of him with a happy face on her visor.

The two then stared at each other for a moment.

'Am..... Am I dreaming?

Is this really the protogen I bought a week ago?

She's..... So life like!

As if she's actually a person.....

This technology is far better than I thought it'd be, makes me wonder why it didn't cost any more than what it was worth......' (y/n) thought, drifting out of awareness.

"Hello? Hellooooo, are you there?" The protogen asks, waving her paw in front of his face.

(Y/n) then blinked and shook himself out of his daze.

"Y-yeah, sorry....." He replied.

"It's okay!" The protogen added.

"So, what's the first thing you want to do master?" The protogen asked.

'Master?

Oh no' (y/n) thought.

"Can, can you not call me that?" (Y/n) asked.

"You don't want me to call you 'master'? Okay then, what do you want me to call you then?" (Y/n) replied.

"Just..... call me (y/n)" he answered.