Chapter seven: "This is calm and it's doctor"

Start from the beginning

- "Derek is on the phone with him as we speak."

Spencer was serious, honestly concerned. I stared at him for a few seconds, trying to hold himself together. He was clenching his jaw as he locked his eyes on the carpet. I slowly moved my hand until I reached his arm, rubbing it carefully, trying to comfort him. I knew what was going through his mind, he wanted to avenge Emily's death. We had talked about this a bunch of times, the thought of how it would feel to end with Doyle and make him pay. I wondered if Derek was dealing with the same feeling. He had been so mad in the last few months I wasn't sure if I wanted to be near him when he interrogated Doyle.

- "Hey... where are you?"- I whispered and looked at Spencer's softening face as he turned to look at me.

- "I'm here, with you."- his voice was low. He linked his fingers between mine and moved forward my body, leaving a soft kiss on my forehead- "How are you?"

- "I wanna go to the BAU and kill Doyle"- I replied and waited for his reaction. He just nodded and kept staring at my fingers between his.

- "I know how you feel."- there was a brief silence between us until Reid's comment surprised me deeply.

- "When we are back to Quantico, I want you to stay away from that asshole."

- "He is being held in custody. There is no way he can do anything to me."- I replied, confused by his attitude. It's not like Doyle could hurt me.

- "I don't care if he is in prison or has a thousand guards. He killed Emily, I am not gonna put you at risk."- a part of me wanted to argue I could take care of myself, but I understood where that fear was coming from, so I didn't reply and for once, I just nodded and agreed with him. The way Spencer smiled relieved at my answer was enough to warm my heart. He was nervous I could get hurt. And though under those circumstances, it wasn't something likely to happen, he was still worried for me. He really loved me.

- "Don't worry Garcia, you were busy looking for Doyle."- we both heard Rossi on the phone and quickly walked to him, waiting for the news.

- "What happened?"- I asked as he hung up the phone.

- "She didn't see a team on the footage."

- "This was well-organized. One could have cut the camera while the other started in here."- Spencer pointed and Rossi added immediately.

- "So they cut off the power, but no signs of forced entry. So how do you overpower two armed agents?"

- "A male and a female. Maybe whoever did this posed as the next shift?"- I suggested and Spencer nodded as Rossi agreed and added.

- "Makes sense. Everything about them seems efficient."

- "Except they took the time to shove her in the closet."- Spencer questioned and we started walking to the closet.

- "Then this is personal and professional at the same time"- I pointed out. Once we stood outside where the nanny was found dead, we stared at all the clothing hanging in it.

- "Only Declan and the caregiver live here, so whose stuff is this?"- my question was more thinking out loud. Neither of them answered, but Rossi measured one of the jackets.

- "Forty long."

- "You still think Doyle's behind this?"- I could feel Spencer's doubt in his question. Honestly, just by looking at the crime scene, it was very hard to tell. Rossi looked at us and sighed.

- "He's capable of a lot of things, kid. But being in two places at once isn't one of them."

Spencer's point of view