Chapter seven: "This is calm and it's doctor"

Start from the beginning

Apparently, Hotch knew Morgan and Penelope had a plan: they were looking for Declan, Doyle's kid, because they were certain he was going to try to localize him. And that was when they were going to catch him. I was deep into catering budgets and bands' tapes to know a thing about their plan. It was a good plan, and a part of me still thinks I would have been useful to localize that asshole and make him pay. But they kept me and Reid in the dark, to let us enjoy our happiness and plan our wedding in peace. When you think about it that way, it was sweet. I am still mad about it from time to time, but I can see their motives.

When we walked into the room, Morgan and Garcia filled us with all the details of their investigation. It was just them, Spencer, JJ, Rossi, and I. That was the entire team at that moment. And we had a mission: stop Doyle from getting Declan. Dereck explained Hotch was on his way back to America to help us catch that asshole, and for a few minutes, I was shocked by all that had been going on behind our backs.

- "Now you know how I felt when I discovered you never told us you had moved in together"- Penelope said as soon as I complained about their silence.

- "There is no way this can be compared to that on any level! We are talking about the bastard that killed our friend!"- I argued and Morgan sighed.

- "I am sorry, pretty girl. But we couldn't get any of you involved in this. Not until now, at least. But at this moment, we are so close to getting him and finally getting closure, we need to be together."- I sighed and nodded. Spencer held my hand upon the table and agreed as well.

And that was how it all began.

JJ and Morgan had a snipper outside of Doyle's residence. Meanwhile, Spencer, Rossi, and I went looking for Declan at his boarding school. But he wasn't there. Apparently, he got sick, so the headmistress allowed him to go home. That meant that we headed to his house right away. I already had a very bad feeling about it all.

Spencer called JJ to notify the whole situation, while Rossi and I approached the door quickly. The lights were out, and the agent's car was right outside. But it didn't seem to be anyone home.

The three of us walked into that house holding our guns and pointing at any possible sign of Doyle. We had to protect Declan from his father, 'cos until that minute, we thought he was the worst threat that poor kid had. We were so innocent back then.

We searched the entire home, no signs of the kid. The two officials that were supposed to put an eye on him were down. Rossi found one in the kitchen, and Spencer got one in the living room.

- "I'll check the back. You, kids, take the hallway."- Papa Pasta commanded as he walked to the other side of the house. Spencer looked at me and I nodded, walking toward the door.

- "Careful"- he whispered, covering my back. I slowly opened the closet door and someone fell from it. We both took a step back immediately, Spencer kept pointing the gun at the woman as I took her signals. She was gone. Rossi walked over that second and sighed.

- "Three bodies, no kid. Doyle has him."

While I called for an ambulance, Spencer called JJ and updated her on the status on our end. I thought we had shocking news, but she beat us. Morgan had gotten Doyle. He had him, the ghost he had been trying to catch for over the last three months was officially under FBI custody.

- "We are on our way"- Spencer announced and looked at me- "They got him. They got Doyle."

- "Alive?!"- I could barely believe my ears. Spencer nodded and held my hand as we stood at one side of the living room, watching the forensic analyze the crime scene.

- "But how?! When?"

- "Right now, they are taking him back to Quantico."

- "And Hotch? Is he here already?"