Chapter 18- The Cave of Two Lover

Start from the beginning

"It's a giant flying thing with teeth!" Chong shrieked.

The creature lands on the ground. "No! It's a wolfbat!" Moku hollers.

The wolfbat takes off again. In a frenzy, Sokka swats at the creature with the lit torch.

"Sokka, don't-" I was cut off when several hot cinders are thrown about and land on Appa's skin.

Yelping in pain, the bison begins running around the tunnel, releasing a discharge of rocks and debris.

Aang quickly airbends Sokka, the band of nomads and I out of the way of the falling rocks.

Sokka tumbles on top of me as we slam onto the ground, his body pressing down on my shoulder.

If this were any other day, I wouldn't mind Sokka's body being on top of mine, but it had to be the day where I impulsively decide to get a tattoo.

I wince from underneath Sokka, he scatters off of me. "Oh, no! Venus. Are you okay?"

I hold my right hand and press the palm of it to my left shoulder. "Fuck, it just stinks a lot, but I've dealt with worse pain mentally, I'm okay."

The water tribe boy helps me to my feet. His facial expression begins to darken as he noticed the band standing behind us.

Sokka runs to the rocks attempting to dig his way through the barrier that divided us between Aang and Katara.

"Yeah, it's no use. We're separated." Chong says approaching Sokka. "But at least you have us!"

"Noooo!" He resumes digging through the rocks only to have a pile of debris fall on him.

I rush over to the boy, kneeling over him and removing the rocks off his crushed body. "Oh, Sokka. What am I going to do with you?"

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

We began walking, trying to find a way out the tunnel.

Chong and his group are singing much to Sokka's annoyance. Chong sings as he and the nomads pass the angry warrior. "Oh, don't let the cave-in get you down! Don't let the falling rocks turn your smile into a frown!" Moku passes by, nudging Sokka. "When the tunnels are darkest, that's when you need a clown, hey! Don't let the cave-in get you down, Sokka!"

Sokka scowls at this. "How are you not annoyed?" He turns to me in question.

"I had a needle go in and out of my shoulder for two in a half hours. I'm dealing with my own pain."

Sokka sighs and stops us both in our tracks. He pulls the torch in between us, keeping us distant. "Are you sure, you're okay?"

"Why, are you worried about me?" I tease.

"Yes!" He shook his head. "I mean, no...I don't know."

As I focused on the water tribe boy, who was shaking in his tunic, I lightly bit my bottom lip. To get closer to Sokka, I moved the torch to the side and took it out of his hand. "I like when you worry about me....it looks good on you."

Why am I being so bold towards Sokka? Although, I'm a flirtatious gal, Sokka had always made me nervous.

Sokka's fingers brushed up my arm as it crawled to the side of my face. His eyes criss crossed as he was staring down at my lips. His head moved closer to mine. "Venus, I-"

"There you two are!"

Sokka and I quickly separated apart, the torch I was holding went flying over Chong's head.