Chapter 18- The Cave of Two Lover

Start from the beginning

Appa begins to frantically paw the walls of the tunnel.

Katara tried to soothe the bison. "It's okay, Appa. We'll be fine." She sighs. "I hope."

"We will be fine." Sokka reassured. "All we need is a plan. Chong, how long do those torches last?"

Oh, how I liked it, when Sokka goes straight down to business. Okay, I need to stop thinking about Sokka. He was honestly corrupting my mind recently.

"Uh, about two hours each." Chong casually answers.

Lily lights the rest of the torches in her hand. "And we have five torches, so that's ten hours!"

Sokka grabs the torches and stomping out the fire. "It doesn't work like that if they're all lit at the same time!"

Lily places her hands on her temple. "Oh, right."

Sokka marched over to Appa, opening our duffel bag to grab a map. "I'm going to make a map to keep track of exactly where we've been. Then we should be able to solve it like a maze and get through."

We all followed Sokka's lead. I join him in the front as I wrap my arm around his arm and lean my body on his, "You know, I like when you take charge like that."

Sokka's body twitched. "Y-you, uh do?"

"Yeah," I turned my gaze away from him as I could feel heat creeping up my neck and face.

"Well someone's gotta be the leader around here!"

As I tilt my head into the map with Sokka, I blush and say, "Yeah, your the brains of this team."

Our faces were right next to each other once Sokka turned his head toward mine. "Then, I assume, your the brawn's." He exhales a light sigh. "And the beauty."

Once more, I turned my head away from him. Okay, it was obvious that I had feelings for Sokka. Just look at him, he's so charming and so good with his words.

After a long time of walking and dead ends, Sokka stops in his tracks. He stands examining the map, he tilts it to the side a few times before drawing it closer to him.

"Sokka, this is the tenth dead end you've led us to." Katara said. "Maybe if you stop flirting with Venus for once-"

"Hey," I lightly scold. "It's not my fault Sokka doesn't know how to multitask."

"This doesn't make sense."Sokka yells a bit frustrated. "We already came through this way."

"We don't need a map." Sokka passes by Chong. "We just need love. The little guy knows it."

"Yeah," Aang answers, "but I wouldn't mind a map also."

Sokka walks closer to the wall as he looks up from the map. "There's something strange here. There's only one explanation. The tunnels are changing."

A wave of surprise passes over everyone as the tunnels shake.

Chong moves around frantically. "The tunnels, they're a-changin'. It must be the curse! I knew we shouldn't have come down here!"

"Right," Sokka sarcastically said. "If only we listened to you."

I hold up a hand in warning. "Everyone be quiet. Listen."

Sokka looks into the dark tunnel. A low snarl can be heard from within the darkness of the tunnel. Momo flees from his shoulder.

Sokka suspiciously holds the torch up to the tunnel to inspect the strange sound. Suddenly, a wolfbat flies from the darkness of the cave, causing everyone to panic.