Broken wings - Part 1

Warning: the following story takes place during the events of the videogame "War is coming". Spoilers ahead.

"I can't believe it's our day off today!" Eleri exclaimed while exiting Yark's fortress with Amphion, Eirik and Ingrid.

"We've defeated the adamantine army, I saw this coming." Ingrid replied.

"We kinda deserve it." Amphion then said. The four of them climbed down the stairs outside of the fortress.

"So, how are you going to spend the day?" Eleri asked.

"I actually don't know. Perhaps I'll read a book." Ingrid answered.

"Neither do I, perhaps I'll train." Eirik said.

"I think I'll go to Ners..." Amphion concluded the conversation. Eleri looked a bit disappointed.

"So you're gonna spend the day off all by yourselves? I was hoping we could do something together." Ingrid turned towards Eleri and pointed at Amphion and Eirik with her thumb.

"You expect me to spend my day off with these two?" Ingrid asked with a disgusted tone. Amphion rolled his eyes. Eirik frowned and answered:

"The feeling is reciprocated." The discussion was about to get rather heated, as always after all. Eleri broke into it before things could get worse.

"I had an idea! Wanna hear it? How about you show me the MacBjorn insitute? Cotemp doesn't have schools, I'd like to know how they're like!" Everyone stopped walking all of a sudden and turned towards Eleri. Amphion, Eirik and Ingrid had their eyes wide-open, they were all staring at Eleri with mixed feelings: surprise, disgust, rage, fear. They respectively said:

"You what?"

"Are you insane?!"

"You're a masochist." Eleri raised her eyebrows. She was shocked.

"Did I... say something wrong?" She asked. She was even worried now. Everyone got closer to her.

"It's the worst place in the world!" Amphion exclaimed with a rather serious face.

"People there are even dumber than Eirik!" Ingrid added.

"True!" Oddly enough, Eirik agreed with Ingrid, even though she had insulted him, again.

"Is it truly so bad?" Eleri asked, naively.

"You don't believe us? Fine. We'll show you, won't we?" Ingrid then said while addressing Amphion and Eirik. Amphion nodded.

"It is settled, we'll go back to school and show Eleri that even The Hole was a more peaceful place!" Eirik exclaimed. Eleri was a bit confused: they hated school to the point they wanted to bring her there just to show her what a hellish place that was.

"So... when do we take our leave?" Eleri asked. Ingrid replied:

"Immediately."