i. confessions

"Have you heard? Our university has a confessions page on Twitter!"

"What? That's bs."

You and Yunjin were eating at the courtyard while waiting for clubs to start. The topic at hand only came up when you were talking about you supposed 'secret crush' to her.

"Do people actually submit their secrets to that account?"

"Well, yeah. I'm pretty sure they keep you anonymous as well."

"I might try it out then."

You finished eating first. Glancing at the watch on your wrist, it read 4PM. It was time for the both of you to head to your respective extracurricular activities.

You and Yunjin waved goodbye to each other as you made your way towards the art room. Upon entering, you spot your classmate, Albedo. He was painting a gorgeous scenery while having his headphones on. So, you decided not to bother him.

Sitting down, you gathered the materials needed to begin the painting you were planning.

This was considered to be a quiz for your class. You were to submit a portrait of a friend or family showcasing the skills you've learned through your lessons yesterday.

While, this shouldn't be that hard, it took you a while to find a reference picture on who you wanted to paint. Of course, the first to come in mind were one of your brothers. But you would never hear the end of their teasing.

Then, another person came to your mind. Your one and only best friend, Alhaitham. You were sure he wouldn't mind being the reference to your painting cause after all, you've done this before.

Perhaps he would even be impressed by it.

Well who knows anyway? You haven't done the the painting yet.

As time passed, the lighting in the room darkened. Albedo had bid his farewell a long time ago and you were on your own in the art classroom listening to music.

You had just finished painting his eyes so now you were working on his hair.

You were however unaware of the figure standing by the door frame and watching you paint. A small smile was evident as he sunk into the ambience of the room.

The only thing that could be heard was the muffled sounds of the song you were listening to and how you were humming along the lyrics.

Once you were finished for the day, you removed your headphones and put them to the side until you finally saw him.

"Oh Barbatos, Alhaitham! Would you quit standing there like a creepy ass stalker and help me clean up at least?"

"My apologies, it was quite humorous seeing you in such a state," He walks towards your table and picks up the bottles of paint to put them back on their respective places. "Were you trying to paint me?"

"Yeah. I hope you don't mind. I don't want to risk myself getting teased by my brothers."

"Oh, I didn't mean to sound mean. It looks great so far."

You feel your face getting warmer as he compliments your painting of him. You couldn't help it. Just every time he praises you or at least defends you from an argument, you feel this way. It was normal to feel that way towards your best friend, right?

Once you both finished cleaning, you finally got up and left. He mentioned a few days ago how he planned on going to the convenience store with you.

And right now was the perfect time to do it.

"Hey, Haitham... I can pay for you today. You can save your money on something else."

"No, I insist. I can pay for the two of us. You can pay me back by cooking me a meal sometime."

You watched as he did indeed pay for you. How can you not fall for this man? He was a gentleman! (when a council meeting goes well like now)

As amazing as everything was right now, it was time for you to leave. You both arrived in front of your dorm's door and said your goodbye's.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Sure. See ya!"

Even the way he talked was attractive. You couldn't fathom how much your younger self managed not to catch feelings for this man. It was insane.

You sat down on your bed and decided to scroll through twitter. Until, you saw it. The thing Yunjin was talking about earlier. It was the twitter account that you were intrigued about.

And that's when you sent a half-serious confession to the page.

A/N: this sounded rushed but i promise to make the next chapter better j promise 😭