Chapter 2: Horcruxes and Howlers

Start from the beginning

Despite the prejudiced motto, I slipped the ring onto my right ring finger. For some reason, I knew that there was something inside of the ring. It just felt right.

From what I read, one has to access the part of the soul that was missing and place it inside the object. I closed my eyes and concentrated very hard on how I murdered the boy. I focused on the scenery, the other children's faces, and the feelings I felt.

I tried to mimic the feeling by delving into the memory. As a wizard, this provoked a rage that I can't explain. I felt angrier than I had when I found out my father was using me. Every inch of my body twitched with rage as I felt a dark shadow inside me. The other half of my soul that was ripped off, I thought.

I put two fingers on the ring as I felt the anger flow out of me and into the ring along with one of the halves of my soul.

I gasped as a sudden euphoria took a hold of my body. I looked down at the ring to see that it was almost buzzing with the new essence of my soul. A slight smile found its way onto my face as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Is this the right time to ask, what the hell are you doing?" I heard a voice say from behind me. I turned around to see a blonde haired girl leaning on the archway from the staircase that led to the girls dormitory.

"Not really," I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" the girl asked me.

"Nothing," I replied. I put my index finger and thumb to the bridge of my nose as I leaned back against the cushion.

"You okay?" the girl joked. I simply rolled my eyes and glanced at my watch. It was still pretty early, around six o'clock. There were still three hours until classes started so I decided to go to the library. I got off the couch and approached the exit to the Slytherin common room.

"Where are you going?" the girl asked.

"Library," I replied. I opened the obscure stone door and was about to walk out when I heard the blonde haired girl say something.

"I'm Daphne by the way. Daphne Greengrass."

"Well hello, Daphne. My name is Y/N Riddle," I said without turning around.

***

At breakfast in the Great Hall, I saw a delirious owl fly into a bowl of chips at the Gryffindor table right in front of Ron and Hermione. I saw Ron roll his eyes as he cleared up the mess the bird made only for him to pale and freeze like a deer in headlights.

"Oh no," I heard Ron choke out. Draco Malfoy instantly started to snicker and laugh as Ron picked up a red letter.

"Look everyone, Ron's got himself a howler!" I heard Seamus Finnigan say to everyone at the Gryffindor table.

"Go on, Ron," Neville Longbottom said. "I ignored one from my Gran once. It was horrible."

This didn't seem to boost Ron's level of confidence as his eyes took on a glassy stare. He turned the letter around and was about to open the letter before... well, before it came to literal life.

"RONALD WEASLEY!" it screamed. Or should I say, howled. "HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER'S NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL TAKE YOU STRAIGHT HOME!"

The howler then turned to Ginny. "Oh, and Ginny dear, congratulations on making it to Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud," it said in a calm voice. It then turned back to Ron, snarled, and ripped itself to shreds.