Whenever Jihua is in a state of calmness, Wangji assumes the responsibility of going over to Huanyi Brothel and annoying him to death.

And that is why Wangji is now running through the Jiangnan streets, like a sinner being chased by the ghosts of his past. The closer he got to the shop, the feeling of danger increased; it was only muscle memory that saved him as a man, dressed in Ji robes and armed with a sword appeared out of the shadows.

The air was filled with the sounds of a sword battle, complete with sword glares, before both WangJi and the unknown cultivator stepped back, circling each other, swords pointed down.

"It is true, then. Ha! When my father told me that the Second Master Lan WangJi had a secret identity as a Tailor in Jiangnan I didn't believe him. Damn, now I owe my brother a cart of thousand-year eggs. Last time I make a bet." The unknown cultivator muttered towards the end, as he cracked his neck in a display of dominance as he edged closer.

"You talk as if I should know you? Who are you? What Father? Who is this Second Master? How dare you behave so rudely! "Wangji pointed at him and huffed, having a haughty air of confidence; however, his thoughts were far from that.

'OH. MY. GOD. HE. KNOWS!!!! Just who is he?! This is not happening; I can't deal with this much stress in one week. This is not happening; this is not happening. Wait, he's a cultivator, and his father... The Dire Owl.'

"How dare you to dare attack me with a sword in broad daylight?!"Wangji huffed, still keeping up the facade to the best of his ability. However, small beads of sweat were starting to form on his forehead.

"Don't think that I won't drag you to the government office right this instant! I'm neighbours with the deputy commander here, and let me tell you, he'll have some words for you, you incredulous cretin! Honestly, do you even know who I am? Trust me when I say you can't afford to get on my bad side. I'll sue you so heavily your great-grandchildren will be in debt!"

However, Wen Xu saw right through Wangji's bluff and started to clutch his stomach in mocking laughter.

Wangji's hand shook a little, but he quickly put it behind his back and scowled at Wen Xu the best he could.

"Lan Wangji, you're a decent actor. I'll give you that." Wen Xu wiped a fake tear from his eyes as he adjusted his grip on his sword and moved his feet slowly.

"But how will the mundane Fuyu Shangye explain? The prancing pretty boy tailor of Jiangnan wearing his expensive robes fighting with a Cultivators sword? Strange battle choice for Fuyu ShangYe isn't it? What will this deputy commander think? "

Wen Xu smirked openly, laughing, watching as Wangji slowly craned his neck to look down at the sword that he had somehow forgotten was in his hand.

'Right then... Truly sorry Bichen but I'm going to tell a story to get out of this ... I won't be taken prisoner... '

"The joke's on you; this is a letter opener." Wangji huffed as he held his sword up.

"A...letter opener?" Wen Xu gave an incredulous sneer as he huffed. He had figured that Lan Wangji would be a bit odd, but, well, not stupid.

"Yes, it's a letter opener. I just bought it on Shaanxi Street. There's a shop full of these things, very nice, aren't they? They come in all shapes and sizes, and the craftsmanship is quite good, wouldn't you say? Awfully sharp though, I could gut someone like a fish with these things, really. I'll be sure to let the Deputy Commander know in case he desires one himself."

Wangji's demeanour suddenly changed in the last sentence, and his eyes showed an ugly kind of rage as he grinned madly. It was the kind of mad rage of someone that would fight to protect what they had earned, even if it meant their death.