°˖✧✿✧˖°Chapter 11°˖✧✿✧˖°

Start from the beginning

Hearing those words from Oyakata-sama made my heart flutter, I couldn't wipe the smile from my face, I would avenge you Kyojuro, I promise.

After the meeting had ended, I had gotten assigned a region to patrol regularly, which led to choosing one of Oyakata-sama's many estates, the one that intrigued me most was somewhat close to my old home, so it was perfect. The garden was overruled by vines and many kinds of flowers. Now I just need to furnish inside, and it would be home. Though I would miss my mentor, I'm sure I'll get to see her every now and then.

"L/n?" A voice called out from the entrance of the garden

"Tokito?" I watched as his eyes glanced around, "Isn't it beautiful!!?" I had a open-mouthed smile on my face

"Maybe too many flowers.." His expression was one I'd never seen from him, he was less serious, and a more comforting sound fell off of him

"I think there isn't enough! Though the inside is kind of big, I'm not sure what to do with it." I sweatdropped thinking of how much empty space there is

"Mm, yeah."

"Oh, did you need something? Sorry, I got distracted,"

"Uh yes, Kanroji.. what did she say again.." A short pause in his speech, "..ah she said something about food and taking you."

"Taking me? Did she really tell you to take me to dinner..?" I should've expected this from her

"MISSION!! MISSION SOUTH!! A TOWN SOUTH!!" Hoshi interrupted

"Aw man.. let's have a meal together another time, yeah?" I received a silent nod, "You can stay in the garden if you'd like, I'm sure you'll love to watch the clouds from here!" That wonder entered his eyes once again, I got so easily lost in those mint-green orbs.

"Ah, alright. Good luck on your mission." He sent a small wave at me

For some reason the mist pillar had been hogging my mind, I couldn't think about anything else as I ran through the dense forest. Hoshi had been leading me from up above and I spotted the town in the distance.

As soon as I entered the sound coming from this place was bone-chilling, it smelt of rotting flesh and blood. I covered my nose and kept on my path while examining my surroundings, there was dried blood on the walls, some of the buildings had been damaged, and even the dirt road had signs of a battle.

I couldn't sense any life in this place, nor the demon. The sudden sound of ripping flesh entered my ears, I practically phased to where I had heard it. There was the demon, his body had stripes as though he was a criminal, his hair a somewhat red hue. His attire was nothing other than a simple vest and martial art pants. I unsheathed my blade and watched as the demon stood up from his crouching position, his head glanced back at the noise I made.

I clenched my teeth after I read what was carved into his blood lusted eyes.

"Upper three, I've awaited our battle." I raised my sword

His eyes trailed down before returning back up, "I don't fight women."

"Make an exception, I'll be sure to slice your head off." I was getting angsty by the second

A short scoff fell from his mouth, "Please do tell your name. Your battle spirit is overwhelming."

"My name does not matter."

"Mine is Akaza, now again what may your name be?"

"Y/n L/n, now remember it good because I'm going to watch your body decay."