𝗺𝗿. 𝗽𝗼𝗽𝘂𝗹𝗮𝗿 - 𝗷𝗶𝘂𝗻𝗴

Start from the beginning

Choi Jiung's house. 

His popularity mainly derived from the parties he would throw every weekend at his house, almost every student attending each one causing his reputation to inflate positively by every passing week. And you had found yourself at one. 

You let out a breath as you stepped inside his house, your ears instantly aching from the loud music as you sifted your way through dancing people. The smell of alcohol sent your mind spinning as you wondered how you found yourself in such a situation, eventually finding yourself in the kitchen as your throat ached from dehydration. You poured yourself a cup of punch before taking a sip, a slight burning sensation coating your throat confusing you for a second before you eventually brushed the feeling away. 

Oh how you wished you didn't.

          𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗢𝗨𝗧 a laugh as you dizzily danced around the room with a few strangers, your entire body aching from the foreign feeling as you felt yourself being pushed up against a few people. It was almost as if your thoughts were flooding in and out of your mind as the world span around you. 

"You dance pretty." Someone whispered in your ear causing your stomach to twist into a knot of uneasiness, their arms sliding around your waist causing your mind to focus for a second. 

"Please... leave me alone." You managed to slur out as you tried to escape from their grasp, panic flooding over you as you felt their grip on you tighten. "Please! Let me go!" You were practically screaming as you clawed at the persons arms, people turning to look at you as your voice cut through the blasting music. 

"Let them go!" 

The person holding you let out a grunt as they were shoved away from you, their grip on you finally releasing as they fell to the floor. 

Your mind spun as you felt yourself being pulled in different directions away from the crowd, your head now pounding as you found yourself in a completely different room. 

"Are you okay?" Your savior asked from behind you as they closed the door. 

You turned around to be faced with Jiung, confusion and frustration bubbling inside you as your head continued spinning. "Are...are you following me?" You dizzily questioned the boy who was staring at you.

"You do realize you are at my house, right?" He chuckled as he took a step closer to you. 

"I see you.. I see you always looking at me!" Words were spilling out of your mouth far from your control as your head pounded. "Why?!" 

"Are you drunk?" He questioned as he caught onto your unsober state, taking a few steps closer towards you only fueling your emotions. 

"You make me so frustrated!" You screamed, the feelings that had built up over weeks finally breaking inside you as tears streamed down your face. "Why... why are you always staring at me?" You sobbed out. "You- you're planning something!" 

"You're drunk right now, let me help you-" He stepped closer to you causing you to put your hands up in defense. 

"No!" More tears streamed down your face as panic flooded through your veins, quickly dropping to your feet as you covered yourself in fear. "Don't hurt me!" 

"Y/N.." He sadly said as he crouched down to your level. "I'm not going to hurt you...where did you get that idea?" 

"You- you're always staring at me!" You were choking on your words as you felt more tears rush down your face. "You're planning on h-hurting me!" 

The room went silent for what seemed like eternity, only the sound of your uneven breaths filling your ears. 

"I.." He started but found himself at a loss of words. "I'm not planning on hurting you, I never was to start with." 

You lifted your head from your knees before wiping your eyes shakily. "Th-then why?" 

"Y/N... it's because I like you." He whispered out before slowly reaching out to wipe away one of your tears. "I should've made that more clear instead of being so distant and creepy. God, I'm so sorry for worrying you like this." 

More tears spilled out of your eyes as emotions flooded through your body overwhelming you greatly, of course your drunk state not helping in any way. 

"I'm so sorry.." He whispered as he brushed away another set of your tears. "You're drunk right now.. let me get you some water then I'll drive you home, yeah?" 

"No!" You refused as fear coursed through your veins once again. "My parents will b-be so mad!"

"Hey, hey.." He cupped your face as he realized the meaning behind your words. "You're safe here. I won't hurt you and I won't let anyone either, okay?" 

You nodded slowly at his words as you sniffled. 

"Let's take a few breaths okay?" He said before taking a few deep breaths as an example. "Breathe in and then out, okay?" 

You nodded once again as you followed along with him, your tears eventually coming to a stop as you did so. 

"You're doing such a good job." He smiled at you before brushing away a piece of your hair from your face. "I'm going to get you some water to help you sober up, okay? You can stay here for tonight if you don't want to go home." He said as he got up causing you to grab his hand. 

"Wait! Don't leave me!" Tears threatened to spill out of your eyes once again as you pleaded at him. "P-please stay with me.." You whispered. 

"Are you sure?" He asked in fear of scaring you once again. "What if I make you uncomfortable again?" 

"Please.." You begged. "Stay."

He bit his lip as he thought for a moment before nodding. "Okay."

- february 20th, 2023