LE MONDE ARTICLE

LE MONDE

Last Heir of the Medici Dynasty Passes Away at the Age of 25

[PUBLISHED: 9/18/23]

Paris, France - French-born Italian businesswoman and aristocrat Beatrice de' Medici has confirmed the tragic passing of her sole surviving child, Vittoria Catalina de Medici, who had been in critical condition at Bichat-Claude Bernard Hospital since her fiery car collision just outside the City of Paris.

According to the Paris Police, Vittoria de' Medici was en route to her Fontainebleau residence from a business meeting when a truck inexplicably veered towards Medici's car. The truck driver admitted to briefly dozing off, only to be awakened by the sound of the collision.

Medici, also known as Vica Verstappen, was only 25 years old and set to inherit the illustrious Medici family's fortune. Her death comes almost four years after the tragic passing of her elder brother, Lorenzo, in a car accident in Amalfi. It was only recently that Vica had a child, together with her husband of one year, the reigning Formula 1 world champion, Max Emilian Verstappen.

A spokesperson for Verstappen released a statement: "Max is heartbroken and in deep shock. To put to rest the rumors and speculations, Max and Vica's child Iohanne was at home in Portofino with Piero and Maria Tatiana de Medici. She will remain there until all the necessary arrangements are finished. Max asks that people give their family privacy as they face this difficult time. Thank you."

The news of Medici's untimely demise has reverberated worldwide, prompting an outpouring of condolences and tributes at the Medici family's ancestral estate in Florence.

Editor's Note: Our condolences go out to her family and friends during this incredibly challenging time.

Dancing In The Darkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें