Reassurance

Heavy angst but ends up happy in the end :)

This took so long I'm so sorry 😭

"I've done it!" You smiled cheerfully, "Tony look, I actually made my first suit! See? It's got a thermal heater for when we're in the cold, a heart monitor to warn you if you—"

"Yeah, that's great Y/n. Can we talk later I'm busy."

"Oh," Your smile dropped and the giddiness in your step faltered, "Yeah, of course."

"Thanks." He replied flatly, not even bothering to turn and face you.

"Wasn't important anyway." You mumbled, pushing your suit to the side for him to see later, "See you at lunch."

Nothing...

This wasn't the first time that someone, mostly Tony, has ignored what you had to say or show. It happened a lot since that mission last week. Every since that little screw up, the whole Tower has been avoiding anything to do with you. It hurt, more than hurt, it killed you inside. You never thought such close friends could cut you off so easily, especially that fast. When you tried to explain yourself to Steve he shut you down, you made lunch for the team and they ordered out and didn't tell you, or the time where you actually did an amazing job on the next mission they ignored you.

The hateful glares and uneasy eyes anytime you entered a room made you feel conscious about the way you looked, smelled, or sounded.

They gave up on you..or so you thought.

"Hey, doll. Whatcha up too?"

Bucky. The lightness in his voice, the smile. Not once did he ever think what you created or your opinions didn't matter. He thought the world of you, you were important to someone. To him. In a hateful Tower he managed to sneak past the dark and right into your space, giving off light and smiles that lasted for infinity. You couldn't help but cling onto what happiness he ever offered you, quickly making you feel certain things that just kept blossoming with every compliment.

"I just, uhm, created my first suit." You sighed, pointing back at Tony's lab, "Nothing special, it's the first one anyways."

"You created a suit? By yourself?" He asked, the awe in his eyes made your heart flutter, "Doll that's amazing!"

"Tony doesn't think so. . . maybe it was because I based it off his original platform." You thought out loud, chewing on your nail in thought, "If I made something of my own I bet he'd be impressed then—"

"No, doll, that's—"

"A great a idea!" You stood up suddenly, disregarding his previous interruption as you hugged him and gave him a sweet short kiss, "Thank you Bucky, you're amazing."

Sighing, Bucky stood as he watched you leave and skip down the hall. The hope you have yourself was to cover up the fact that you were torn. You were delusional and oblivious. And it hurt him to see you hype yourself up for a group of people that didn't see anything in you.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

You knock fast and strong on Bucky's door, practically flying through the air with how high you were bouncing. You were sure this time, 100% sure that this would grab Tony's attention. You wanted a double check with Bucky to see if he was impressed, nothing could impress him except for Wanda with her powers.

It had to work.

The door opened and revealed Bucky who looked like he was sleeping as he rubbed his eyes.

"Doll? What are you doing? It's 4 in the morning—" He asked, peering down at you before making direct eye contact with your new friend, "What the hell is that?!"