Chapter 117: Contact

Start from the beginning

"I won't disrupt your normal life, but I hope that there can be limited cooperation between us."

"Limited cooperation?" Daxter asked, as if thinking about something.

Klein let out a soft chuckle. fr𝙚ℯ𝓌e𝚋𝙣𝘰vℯl.𝐜𝚘m

"Yes, limited.

"For example, tell me about your condition regularly. You should know that it is possible to save someone who has not completely lost control yet, and the Nighthawks have considerable experience in this regard.

"Or, if you could give me clues of a Beyonder you know, or a Beyonder in your organization who is about to do something that can endanger the innocent.

"Or, if you would like to exchange something for items that you could make more use of. This is a perk I am giving you. You should know what perks mean.

"Also, you need not worry about being suddenly prosecuted by members of the Nighthawks, Mandated Punishers, or Machinery Hivemind one day. You can live your life in joy and stability.

"We will give you something you can use to prove your identity. You can use it when you have no other options left."

Daxter listened on silently. It was a while before he said, "You want me to betray my organization?"

"No, not betray," Klein said sincerely. "This is the protection of justice, morals, and kindness. You are stopping something evil, merciless, and bloody. Other than that, I wouldn't ask you to betray the secrets of the organization you are in."

Daxter thought for a moment, as if feeling better now that there was an excuse.

He was silent for a few seconds before he extended his right hand.

"Here's to a successful cooperation."

Klein shook his hand with his free hand and said, "A successful cooperation."

He paused for a moment before chuckling.

"Doctor, can you now tell me if you are a member of the Psychology Alchemists?"

"Yes." Daxter nodded.

Klein, who hadn't deactivated his Spirit Vision since he entered, didn't see any changes in the colors of his emotions. Thus he asked discreetly, "How did you join the Psychology Alchemists?"

Daxter looked into his eyes and said, "I discovered that there was a patient of this asylum who could see right through me when I was tending to him. His clear mind was nothing like a lunatic...

"His name is Hood Eugen."

Klein committed the name to memory and chatted with Daxter a little longer, deciding on a secret way to communicate and meet up.

He didn't exchange matters regarding potions, formulas, and rumors for the time being. At an appropriate moment, he bade farewell and put away his revolver before leaving Daxter's office.

Daxter exhaled after he saw Klein's back disappear from his field of vision. He slumped into his chair, feeling a little agonized and little relaxed.

...

36 Zouteland Street. Inside Blackthorn Security Company.

𝑓r𝘦𝘦𝘄eb𝒏𝙤vel.c𝙤𝙢

Seated behind his desk, Dunn swept the area with his gray eyes and asked, "What happened?"

Klein, who was late by about half an hour, organized his thoughts and said, "Captain, I found a Beyonder and confirmed that he is a member of the Psychology Alchemists.

"He's an orthodox doctor and is willing to cooperate with us. I think it's best to maintain the status quo. He could help us learn more about the current condition of the Association of Psychological Alchemy."

After pausing for a few seconds, Klein added, "I want to develop him into an informant for the Nighthawks, or a hidden external member."

The word 'informant' came from the Intis language. It was created by the Emperor Roselle.

Dunn nodded slowly and said, "You handled the situation well, but it would be best to inform me when you face such a situation in the future.

"Give me that doctor's information and a written account of the way you handled the situation. I will give him something he can use to prove his identity.

"Also, don't speak of this to Leonard and the rest. Even though they are trustworthy teammates, the protocol clearly requires us to keep this close.

"You will be in charge of contacting that doctor in the future."

Klein exhaled silently and replied with a smile, "Alright."