Chapter 11 - Broken Pieces

"OSAMU!"

Chuuya shook Dazai, a truly futile attempt to try and wake the brunet.

"Y-yosano"
He pulled out his phone, scrolling desperately through his contacts to see that doctors name. Once his eyes landed on the profile there was no hesitation to start the call.

As the phone was ringing all Chuuya could do was watch the brunette's limp body on the floor. The were no signs of breathing. The ginger was adamant not to let go of Dazai's wrist in hopes of continuing to feel his weakening pulse. It terrified him.

_______

"Thank you for taking the afternoon off with me..."
The raven haired woman smiled at her lover. All was forgiven.
"Of course, I am waiting just as apprehensively as you..."
When Kouyou found out Chuuya had gone to visit Osamu, she wasted no time in notifying Yosano as well. The two agreed to meet up and they discussed each other's situations.
The executive was concerned about being too far away in case something happened so Yosano made sure to book a nearby cafe that was at the end of the street.
All that was left to do was wait.

When a ringtone, Yosano's ringtone, sounds and breaks the silence, they meet each others gaze and it's filled with fear - both internally begging that it wasn't bad news.

"YOSANO HE'S UNCONSCIOUS, WEAK PULSE AFTER A REALLY BAD FIT I NEED INSTRUCTIONS"

The doctor reflexively forced herself into the medical mindset, pulling the knowledge to the front of her mind in a desperate attempt for longer term solutions.

"Turn him into recovery position, he's limp and light weight so it shouldn't be much of a problem. Check if his airways are as clear as possible, they'll be severely restricted so use the oxygen mask at the side of the room, the idiot probably took it off waiting to die"

This worked as a quick solution.

Chuuya followed carefully through the instructions. It hurt knowing before he arrived Dazai was already on deaths door and embracing it with open arms.

It tore him to pieces.

Tears threatened to fall as he clambered to the side, urgently searching for the item among other appliances. It didn't take long.

"Stay on call. We're on our way"

The two were running - sprinting down the street towards the apartment block. They were so glad it wasn't far away. As they slammed open the door, they saw Chuuya disheveled sitting by Dazai, panicked. His hair was a mess and blood covered the floors and clothes of both the individuals.

This was Kouyou's first time seeing Dazai in a good few months and honestly, she was already convinced he was decaying with that pasty complexion he held and an extremely gaunt looking face. He looked far too frail for someone so young. The damaged broken child she once knew looked far more alive than whatever figure lay before her now which she thoroughly believed wasn't possible. If any positive was to be taken though, it would be that this disease proved his humanity. Even if it was toxic, the brunet still held emotions and was somehow capable of love. This realisation was in vain though because she feared it was too late to save him. Her girlfriend on the other hand, refused to accept this outcome and was by the brunet's side.

Kouyou had no idea what the woman was doing. Although the executive worked thoroughly in poisons and knew her anatomy, Hanahaki was such a rare and practically fictional disease that she had no idea how the woman in front of her was going to bring return the wretched soul into his weak and fragile body. The training Dazai endured didn't make his body strong, it just honed and enhanced his survival instinct. His body was falling apart and his mental state was incredibly tortured, but his subconscious knew how to numb the mind and emotions that came with torture, killing and death as a whole. Anything bad that may happen to the brunet was dismissed as a way to survive, if he dwelled on it or made it affect him in a more drastic way then it already had, he would lose all of his somewhat sane mind.