"Good." 

Alyssa tries to pull herself together and says, "But the Kingdom will be run by our Hands, under Aemond's stewardship."

"Your Hands? I'm not sure I understand"

"As Queen Reigning, it's quite normal that I also have a hand to advise me. So there will be the Queen's Hand in addition to the King's Hand."

"But it's not in the texts. We've never seen that." Answers one of the Lords, looking outraged.

"We've never seen a King and a Queen rule together either. It's time to innovate." Aegon answers.

The Hand tries to put on a good face despite the shock. "And...may I know who will have the honor of being the Queen's Hand?"

"If she accepts it, it will be Princess Rhaenys."

"The Princess..." the Hand chokes on her words. "It can't be. She's too close to Rhaenyra and Daemon."

"Not as much as you think Lord Grandsire. We spoke this morning and I hope she will pledge us allegiance very soon."

"Are you sure?" whispers Aegon

"Yes."

"All right."

He then addresses his grandfather. "Agreed. You and Princess Rhaenys will be the protectors of the Kingdom on behalf of our child. Should anything ever happen to us."

"As you wish, your Graces. It will be an honor"

"Something else?" asks Aegon

"Yes, I wish to go to Dragonstone to inform Princess Rhaenyra and command her to bend the knee to you. Being crowned King and Queen, it would be wise for her and her children."

"You're not going to ask Daemon to bend the knee?" Aemond sneers.

"Might as well ask a mad dog not to bite."

"Isn't this a dangerous mission?" Alyssa asks, concern in her voice.

"Dangerous but necessary, my Queen." He responds with a reassuring smile.

"Well, leave without too much delay then." She nods.

"Is there anything else?" Aegon asks, exasperated.

"No, that will be all for today." All stands and bows before starting to leave.

"Aemond." Alyssa says. 

The Prince turns to look at her. "Can you stay for a moment?"

He bows slightly. "Of course my Queen."

Aegon looks at her dumbfounded. The door closes and Aemond comes to stand in front of them. "I have to talk to you both."

"About what?" Aegon asks.

"About Rhaenys and the information I gave her this morning."

"An information?" Aemond frowns.

She gets up and goes to her drawers to take out the parchment.

"A few weeks ago I sent a spy to Essos."

"You have what?" exclaims Aegon, surprised.

"And what did he tell you?" Aemond asks.

"Wait, aren't you shocked?" Said Aegon "Did you know?"

"Your wife wasn't exactly discreet when she hired him."

"And what about me? You hide everything from me!"

"I wanted to be sure before I said it...I felt like I was crazy."