5| Healing Process

Começar do início

''Found him laid near the stone bridge, soaking in the water.''

''Did you happen to see anyone else there before you seen him?''

''No, reckon it was just me.'' He shrugged. 

''What time did you find him?''

Albert paused for another moment. His fingers twitched with each tilt of his head. He then reached up and scratched the back of his head. ''I'd say about 5:30 in the morning.''

My eyes widened at the news. ''People still get up that early?''

Albert laughed from my comment. ''That they do.'' He nodded. ''Sometimes I like to get up before the wife and to sightseeing. It's best when everybody is gone and there's no cars racing down the road.''

''I hear that.'' I agreed with a head nod. ''Are you sure there wasn't anyone else there?''

''Quite sure of it.'' He declared again.

I stopped to think a moment. If those injuries were from a Werewolf, then that means that Draco could've been sitting there for a number of hours. Hell, he could've even died. But why didn't he? Usually Werewolves don't show mercy, especially without Wolfsbane. I never figured that one would injure it's prey and come back for it next time.

Albert looked concerned from his spot across from me.

''Should I be worried about something?'' He asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked up at the man. ''From the look on your face,'' He gestured to my expression. ''It doesn't seem like just some accident.''

I sighed before pulling a smile. ''Just be safe, Mr. Farmer. If anything else happens or you remember something, I'll be here.''

''Will do, Ma'am.'' He nodded. 

I got up and patted his shoulder, leading him out of the waiting room. I led him to the receptionist counter, so he could sign out as I headed back to Draco's room. I wanted to make sure he was doing just fine before I left for the night. 

Passing by different doctors and nurses who bidded me a good night, I finally reached the door. I didn't hear anything from inside, so, I turned the door handle and slowly opened the door. Just as I was about to walk in, a nurse had appeared at the door. 

''Oh!'' She squeaked when she almost ran into me. ''Sorry, Miss Diggory. I didn't see you there.''

''Yes, I know.'' I nodded, looking down at her with suspicion. ''What are you doing in here?'' 

''I'm just checking in on the patient.''

''I'm sure I assigned Doctor Malcom to him.'' I recalled, not seeing the black haired doctor anywhere. 

''Doctor Malcom had went home already. He asked me to do his final check in with Mr. Malfoy.'' 

That only made my suspicion grow. Deep down, something had started to bubble up. Maybe a rising anger. Maybe... no. 

''Well, if you'll move aside.'' I suggested. ''I'd like to see Draco.'' 

''I just checked...'' She threw a thumb over her shoulder, trailing off her words. 

''I said, I'd like to see Draco. So please, move aside.'' 

Though we were about the same height, I stood more confidently. When she took in my words, she huffed and stomped off with a glare. I watched her walk down the hallway and around the corner. When she was gone, I opened the door again and stepped through to the other side. 

I closed the door behind me, taking note of the dimly lit room. The windows had allowed the last moments of the sun to shine against the glass, giving the room a warm look with the sunset. Draco was the only one in the room, his chest rising and falling in a peaceful motion.