001. 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘐𝘯 𝘔𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯.

"𝔚𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔥𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔶𝔢𝔡 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔡𝔰 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔩 𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔡 𝔓𝔢𝔯𝔰𝔲𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔬𝔟, 

𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔱 𝔴𝔬𝔢𝔰 𝔟𝔢𝔣𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔱𝔢."

✷        ·   ˚ * .      *   * ⋆   . ·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦   ⋆ ·   *      ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵   · ✵

Avalyn let go of a breath, looking at herself in the mirror and straitening her tie. She bit her lip in thought, folding her skirt over so it became shorter. Still not liking the length, she folded it once more. Something still seemed off. She reached up and took off her glasses as well. Avalyn was not one to try and get attention, but as for now she had to try to become more noticeable, but just the right amount to gain just the right person's attention.

She took her wand and backpack, before heading out the door. She walked down the stairs that lead to the prefect chamber, smiling at some Ravenclaws that were sitting in the common room.

Avalyn walked through the hall, it always felt weird to be back at hogwarts after spending the summer at home. Going from this amazing castle to the small apartment she and her mother shared and vice versa was always an adjustment. Avalyn stopped in front of one of the paintings, the woman in it slowly swinging back and forth on a swing, the man behind her pushing her gently as they both laughed. It warmed Avalyns heart.

''Hey,'' A voice broke her train of thought. Avalyn slowly turned around and smiled at the sight of one of her best friends. Harry Potter or the chosen one, to Avalyn, he was and always would be just Harry, the boy who had shown her immense kindness from her first day at the castle up until this moment. Over the years friendly kindness had turned into a kindness with the intent of becoming something more and yet Harry had not actively pursued Avalyn.

"Hey,'' Avalyn said as she accepted a hug, just a hug as always. Harry nervously pulled away, before pushing his hand forward and opening his fist. A small flower unfolded in the middle of his palm, making Avalyn smile softly as she raised her eyes to look at Harry again. A soft breeze from next to her made her turn her head, her eyes locking on those of Mattheo Riddle. Avalyn held her breath as their eyes stayed locked. The corner of Mattheo's lip pulled up in a small smirk before his head turned and their eye contact broke.

Avalyn turned back to Harry and send him another smile. ''I love it, thank you'' Harry smiled at her and nodded. Avalyn smiled as well and took the flower from his hand ''do you have the same class as me?'' She asked as she started walking, Harry nodded, following close behind. It was no secret that Harry and Avalyn had been hanging out and although no one understood exactly what they were, everyone believed that eventually, they would be together.