𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎

ابدأ من البداية

I smiled watching Tom drift off, he looked so peaceful, his face rid the lines of worry. He looked so young, so handsome.

The soft snores of the two soldiers beside me calmed my nerves. It make me feel like we were back at home and this stupid war was over. Will and Tom's snores became contagious as I felt myself yawn.

A quick nap won't hurt, my current patients were asleep when I left a little while ago and there haven't been any new ones in a few days.

I yawned, scooting closer to Tom as my eyes became heavy. I could faintly smell Tom's cologne from how close we were and it made my mind fuzzy and my chest warm.

As I was drifting off I heard shuffling and a large hand begin to rub my knee, which made my heart beat a little faster at the thought that it could be Tom.

✁⚋⚋⚋⚋⚋⚋⚋⚋

Opening my eyes slowly, the sun shone in my eyes blinding me for a moment. Stretching my stiff limbs and yawning I saw that Tom and Will were gone. Looking around for a moment I didn't see them anywhere in sight which confused me because I knew Tom would've told me before he left or I would've heard Will complaining about getting his nap interrupted.

A puzzled look on the soldier's face that was sitting in a nearby patch of grass as he watched me look around, "What's wrong wit' 'chu lass?" He said with a thick accent, still looking at me.

"Did you see Lance Corporal Blake and Schofield around here, sir?" I began to stand up, "they were both sitting with me earlier."

"Oh, yes I did, they'd gone off to the general's tent. I think they gotten called for a mission." The soldier replied, and he began to mess with the bandage on his hand, "they've been gone for a while now."

"Oh, okay. Thank you, sir." I stretched my legs before heading to the crowded entrance to the trenches.

I'd forgotten how muddy and nasty smelling the trenches were, but I made my way through the maze of grime. I passed soldiers that were asleep, some that were huddled in groups to keep warm, and a few that were sat down in silence holding their injuries.

I finally made it to the general's tent, no one was outside the tent though, so I decided to just go in. "Excuse me, General Erinmore?"

The tent rustled before a tall man came into view, a scowl etched on his face. "Yes? How can I help you? I don't remember calling a medic."

"Sorry, but I came to ask about a mission you gave two soldiers a little bit ago. You gave it to Lance Corporal Blake and Schofield, correct?"

The general thinks for a moment, scanning me up and down before replying the scowl on his face deepening, "Yes, correct." He paused, "they are going to inform Colonel MacKenzie about the new line the Germans have created."

My eyes widened in shock, "You sent them over No Man's Land? Did you at least give them a medic?"

"No, I assume they'd be there before midnight, no need." The general seemed to be disinterested in the conversation while my blood was boiling, how could he send Tom and Will out like that, without a medic? Without me? Even if the Germans have gone a few miles back who knows what could happen?

"General. You sent them without a medic?"

"Yes. Is there a problem with my decision?" He frowned, gritting his teeth.

"No sir, but—"

The general cut me off, "You will not be going after them."

"But—"

"No." He said in a stern tone and I spun on my heel and stomped out of the tent. It was cruel sending Tom and Will to their possible deaths, and I couldn't stand the thought of it.

I was going to disobey the generals' order and go after them, so before I exited the tent I saw a loaded pistol sitting on a box. I swiftly grabbed it and shoved it into one of my pockets.

Already having my medical supplies with me, I made a dash for the end of the trench, where nobody would see me cross over onto No Man's Land.

I heaved myself up onto a ladder quickly, slipping once while trying to heave myself up, I kept low a crawled onto the wasteland, I held my weapon close to me as I began to make a dash for the abandoned German trenches.

✁⚋⚋⚋⚋⚋⚋⚋⚋