𝟒| 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲

Start from the beginning

Charles smiles, walking over and shaking Hank's hand. "How wonderful. Another mutant, already here. Why didn't you say?"

"Say what?" The man questions, voice laced in confusion.

"Because you don't know." Charles realizes, glancing back at Hank. "I am so, so terribly sorry."

The others had been watching the interaction, noticing that Hank seemed uneasy ever since Charles had announced his mutation that he had been keeping a secret. With his eyes narrowed in realization, the man in the black suit was slowly walking over to the young man, who seemed to try and avoid eye contact with him. In the corner of his eye, Erik tilted his head as he noticed his sister seemed to be staring at Hank a bit longer than everyone else.

"You didn't ask, so I didn't tell." Hank tells the man when he called his name.

"So, your mutation is what? You're super smart?" Y/n asks.

Erik watches as his sister walks over, a curious expression on her face. Hank looks up at the sound of her footsteps and her voice, his blue eyes making eye contact with her e/c ones. Raven had followed behind her, stopping beside Charles as she waited to hear the answer. Staying in his spot, Erik rose a brow when he noticed Hank take a sharp inhale after he had made eye contact with his little sister, taken back by her beauty.

"I'll say. Hank here graduated Harvard at the age of fifteen." Charles explains.

"I-I wish that's all it was." Hank stutters out, still having eye contact with Y/n.

"You're among friends now, Hank." Charles reassures. "You can show off."

The young man finds himself looking between them all after breaking eye contact with Y/n before he took a step back, pushing his shoes off of his feet. Their eyes watch as he brings his hands down and legs up, pulling his socks off. Y/n felt her eyes widen in fascination at the sight of his prehensile feet, looking like feet that monkey's would have.

With a bright smile on his face, Charles was chuckling in joy since there was another mutant standing in front of him. Hank gulped, too nervous to see if they were making fun of his feet or if they were actually fascinated by it after he heard some chuckles and gasps, his nervous gaze still staring down right at his shoes that said beside him.

When he did look up, he made eye contact with Y/n to see a smile twitching on her lips, yet he noticed it looked genuine and not a teasing one. This had him feeling a bit of relief as he noticed they didn't look scared, making fun of him or disgusted by his feet. Walking around them, he moves to the plane before jumping up and flipping over.

Their eyes widen, followed by laugher in happiness when he was holding himself upside down by his feet from the plane, only making him feel a bit more relief when he realized they were actually fascinated by his mutation. Looking between them, his eyes meet Y/n's again as she had been looking at him in amazement, their eyes meeting.

* * *

A couple of hours had gone by since the group had met Hank McCoy, and it was now dark outside in one out of the many countries on Earth. The chirps of crickets could be heard all around as the dark sky had replaced the usual bright sky like it did whenever nighttime came for the civilians.

The large building, the facility, stood big and proud like it had been ever since it was built with workers exiting the doors and in the direction of their vehicles, ready to head home for the day before they'd have to come back to work the next day and leave the comfort of their beds, quite early in the morning.

Inside of the facility, Y/n could be seen sitting on something with Hank right in front of her. Just earlier, the young man had asked her if he could see the type of abilities she had, considering he had never encountered another mutant before and he was fascinated after hearing what she could do.

The Lehnsherr girl had one knee against her chest as her other leg dangled down from the seats they had been sitting on, her foot just a bit above the floor. With her chin rested on her knee, she listened as Hank told her about the plan he had made ever since he was younger, mentioning his mutation throughout it.

"I promised myself I'd find a cure ever since I was a little boy." Hank continues. "You have no idea what I'd give to feel--"

"Normal." Y/n finishes with a nod, understanding. "I've wanted to be normal ever since I was little. Hank, this serum that you're making, does it affect abilities?"

Hank shrugs. "Maybe. I don't know yet. Why?"

His eyes watch as she doesn't respond to his small question, watching as she slowly looks down at her hands just when electricity was appearing between her fingers. His eyes widen a bit in fascination, tilting his head while she frowns at the sight of her abilities, clenching her hands into a fist as the electricity disappears and she hides her hands from his view.

"I've... killed people with them before." Y/n reveals, making him look at her. "I touch them, and they shake until their heart stops. I never... wanted to, but my brother, he... he wants revenge, and I've just stuck by him. I didn't even know there were others like us until last night. I'm scared of them... of myself."

At her words, the brunette frowns as he notices the sadden expression etched on her face. Slowly reaching his hands over, Hank gently takes her hand in his as he glances down at them before looking back up to meet her eyes. Y/n takes notice that there was no fear shown on his face or in his gaze underneath his glasses.

"I think they're cool." Hank admits with a shrug.

"Does it affect appearance?" A voice calls out, making them look over to see Raven slowly walking over. "Your serum, does it affect appearance? Normalizes it."

Hank nods. "So far, yeah."

Raven raises a brow. "Do you think it would work on me?"

"I can look into it, if you'd like." Hank replies.

"Don't mind me." Another voice interrupts, causing all of them to look to see Erik standing there as he looks to his sister. "I think it's time we'd head out, don't you think?"

Not saying anything, Y/n quickly moves her hands out of Hank's as she rises up to her feet, heading towards her brother. Raven and Hank watch as the Lehnsherr siblings begin to walk off, except Erik comes to a stop as he looks over his shoulder to make eye contact with Raven. Noticing he had stopped, Y/n does the same as she notices her brother looking at the blonde.

"By the way, if I looked like you, I wouldn't change a thing." Erik tells Raven.

And with that, he turns around and walks off, ushering his sister to follow. As they left the room, the man was telling her that they were leaving without saying anything to the others, clearly deciding they'd look for Sebastian Shaw themselves. Y/n doesn't say a word, grabbing her jacket and putting it on before she was following Erik out of the building. The brother and sister failed to notice that Charles had been leaning against the wall, walking out when they walked right past him.

"From what I know about you, I'm surprised you've managed to stay this long." Charles calls to them, causing them to stop and turn to face him.

"What do you know about me?" Erik questions.

"Everything." Charles replies.

Erik clenches his jaw. "Then you know to stay out of my head and my sister's."

"I'm sorry, Erik, but I've seen what Shaw did to you." Charles informs, stopping them from leaving. "What he did to both of you. I've felt your agony. I can help you."

Erik scoffs, shaking his had. "We don't need your help."

"Don't kid yourself. You needed my help last night. It's not just me you're walking away from. Here you have the chance to be part of something much bigger than yourself. I won't stop you from leaving. I could. But I won't." Charles states, beginning to walk back into the facility. "Shaw's got friends. You two could do with some."

With that, he was walking back into the building, silently hoping that they'd decide to stay. Pursing his lips in thought, Erik looks to his sister, watching as she slowly looks towards him and he could see the pleading in her eyes, showing that she actually wanted to stay.