Chapter 26: I'm Yours

Începe de la început

"Since we received your order last minute, I'll have to talk about the details and stuff before school ends, if that's alright," (y/n) said and prepared her sketchbook and her pen, "Unless you don't know what your captain wants, but my president prefers to start working soon so we don't disturb each other after school."

"No, no that's fine! My captain gave me the details during morning practice," Taichi grinned and revealed a slip of paper in between his index and middle finger. He sat backwards on his chair to face her and crossed his arms over the back rest, "So, we're looking for—"

Screech!

Taichi, and anybody who came to class early, winced at the shrill of the metal legs of a chair scraping roughly against the floor. Hesitantly glancing to his right, the poor boy made eye contact with the city's most notorious gangster staring directly at him.

(Y/n) didn't even flinch. She was in work mode as she quickly scribbled down the specifics the baseball captain wanted.

"So how many of you are there?"

"There's eighteen of us."

"Hmm... so my club and I have to work on roughly three uniforms per person," she mumbled and wrote that down as an aside, "It says here that you want the colors to be dark green, black or white?"

"Yeah, we're not sure what color combinations we want but we thought it's best to match the school colors," the brown-eyed male sheepishly spoke.

"How about—" the (y/h) student hastily sketched four t-shirts onto the paper before pulling out color pencils from her bag. She then colored each differently according to their request, "—mostly green for the base and white for the names and numbers? I think it'd stand out more but that's up to your captain."

"No, that's perfect! I'll let him know your recommendation—"

Taichi stopped mid-sentence and nervously sweat-dropped. He watched as Haitani Rindo crumbled up pieces of paper and flicked them onto the (h/c)-nette's hair. She paid him no mind until one landed on the paper, to which she snapped her head to glare at him. Rindo smirked in response as Taichi felt more tension than usual coming from the bickering pair.

"Anyways, that's all I need for now. I'll probably see you after school again, right?" (Y/n) looked up from her sketchbook and sent a polite smile. The blonde boy next to her felt an irk mark appear on his forehead.

"U-Uh right... see you then," Taichi hurriedly turned around and grabbed headphones and an MP3 player in his bag to avoid Rindo's wrath. Is it just him or is the Haitani brother out to get him?

Meanwhile, the (h/c)-haired female continued to sketch out ideas and list materials— completely oblivious to her attention-deprived boyfriend pouting in his seat. Ah, here it comes... the spoiled younger brother in him is starting to surface.

"What are you doing?" Rindo asked as nonchalantly as he could. His left hand supporting his cheek whilst he stared at the hard-working girl before him. Despite what he was feeling, he couldn't help his gaze softening at how diligent (y/n) was when she's concentrated.

"Just club stuff, Haitani," she replied and didn't even so much glance at him.

"Ehh... sounds boring."

"Of course it does," she flatly said but it sounded— to him— as if she was trying to end the conversation early.

"Are you going to stay late in club again?" He asked. He already knew the answer but a small part of him hoped that she would ditch club just once.

"Mhm, I'll be staying extra late everyday for the next month," (y/n) replied as she rubbed her pen on her temple contemplatively. She didn't know what fabric would work best for sports such as baseball so she ended up pouting in frustration.