Ch. 1 - The Black Pearl

It was a boring night aboard the Pearl. I was sitting in the crow's nest waiting for the captain to come back to the ship. We were told to stay and watch the Pearl while we went to get something from the Turkish Prison. You could hear the screams and cries of the poor lads being put into that God-awful prison. Down below was Mr. Gibbs. He was walking around the deck waiting for Jack while drinking a bottle of rum.

"Fifteen men on a dead's man chest. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. Drink and the devil had done for the rest. Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum". Afterwards, he chuckled a little but was soon interrupted by bells tolling. It was coming from the prison. Just then, a flock of crows flew over. I just sat there to admire the foggy night sky till my eyes saw something floating- no, rowing towards the Pearl. It was Captain Jack Sparrow.

"Gibbs! The captain is rowing a- a coffin?, towards the ship!", I then pointed to help Gibbs spot Jack.

"Not quite according to plan.", I heard Gibbs grumble while I was making my way down the mast.

"Complications arose, ensued, were overcome.", The captain stated.

I came down the mast to join the rest of the crew and as I got down Jack was walking on deck toward's his cabin and the crew were already crowding around the man like he was a king. I'm sure he adored all the attention if I'm being honest.

"You got what you went in for then?", I asked my brother who held up a piece of cloth to my face.

"Mhm!", Jack said while waving the piece of cloth in front of my face.

"Captain, I think the crew, meaning me as well, were expecting something more... shiny. With Isla de Muerta going all pear shaped, reclaimed by the sea and the treasure with it.",Gibbs stated.

"And the hurricane!", Marty added getting a few "ayes" from the rest of the crew while I stood next to Jack quietly. I glanced at Jack. He had a small irritated expression. I could tell deep down he was a little hurt by the crew's remarks.

"All in all, its seems some time since we did a speck of honest pirating.", Gibbs said.

"Shiny?", Jack questioned.

"Aye, shiny.", Gibbs answered.

"Brother, I want you to know I have no part in this. I could honestly care less for mere pieces of gold.", I told Jack to reassure him that not everyone wants treasure. I mean, sure deep down I want to scavenge for some ancient treasure but who doesn't? Jack looked at me then to the crew.

"Is that how you're all feeling then? Perhaps dear old Jack is not serving in your best interests as captain.", Jack said in sad but sarcastic tone. Cotton's parrot squawked.

"Walk the plank!", the bird said. I pulled out my pistol before anyone could react and held the parrot at gun point.

"What did the bird say?", I asked out of human instinct (even though I knew what it said).

"Do not blame the bird.", a man spoke from the crowd of sailors. I turned my head and glared the man down. It was obvious as I turned to look at him, he was startled so he quickly glanced at Jack. I put my pistol back in its holster and side eyed Cotton's parrot as it looked at me with his big round eyes.

"Show us, what's on that piece of cloth, there.", the pirate said with an indian accent. The captain was hesitant to let the crew see what was on the cloth. I too wanted to know but for some reason I had a feeling it had something to do with a key. Just as Jack was about to let us see what was on the cloth, Barbossa's damned monkey swung down and grabbed out of Jack's hand. My brother was just about to shoot the monkey, I held my hand out as a signal for Jack to lower his pistol. I called the monkey over though it was a confusing but amusing situation since the monkey's name was also Jack. Jack the monkey then handed me the cloth. I walked back over to Jack but Marty snatched the cloth out of my hands and looked at it for a minute. He was the only crew member that actually got on my nerves.

"It's a key!", Marty said confused. Jack walked quickly towards Marty and grabbed the cloth out of his hands.

"No. Much more better! It is a drawing of a key.", the captain said proudly while showing the crew and I the drawing of the key on the cloth. The key looked vaguely familiar. Like I've seen it before.