A Night to Remember

Start from the beginning

"Do you need to be checked out?" she asked.

DJ just shook his head. "It's not my blood," he said softly.

"Well would you like us to call anyone for you"

"No it's fine I'll call" the nurse thing got up and left leaving DJ in his thoughts.

He stared at his bloody hands as two questions kept popping up in his head how could somebody do this and more importantly why.

57 minutes earlier

"And who says elevated horror is better than the cheesy stuff," DJ asked with a phone to his ear

"Me I'm saying that," Tara's voice said coming through his phone.

"And why is that, what is your reasoning," DJ asked while drying dishes.

"Because it requires you to actually use your brain Tate" she shot back. DJ shivered at the name.

"Boooo, I will use my brain when I'm back at school and you know I hate that name" he grumbled.

Tara giggled into the phone making DJ's heart jump. "Why I think it's an amazing name".

"How would you feel about being nicknamed after your dead aunt," he asked with a smile.

"I don't know maybe honored," she said.

"Fine you take it then" he laughed.

She snorted at the response."No thanks, but I'll still call you Tate"

DJ scoffed and shook his head "Your the only one allowed to do so, your lucky your cute".

At those words, both sides of the phone were deathly quiet. "Um, Thanks," Tara said softly.

"Y- Yeah sure no problem" DJ was smacking himself in the head but stopped when he heard a house phone ringing through the phone.

"Who the hell is calling you at this hour," DJ asked frowning.

"I don't know it was an unknown number so I hung up" she replied.

"Hmm that's weird, that's suspicious," DJ said in his best Cardi B voice.

DJ heard Tara burst into a fit of laughter making him smile triumphantly. He knew this was his opportunity and took it.

"You know the New Jordan Peele movie just released in theaters, So I was wondering if you uh wanted to go with me this Sunday," he asked shyly.

The line went silent again He bit the inside of his cheek as he waited for an answer.

"I thought you didn't like elevated horror," she said.

"Well I figured I would give it a shot, plus with you there you can explain it all to me" he answered.

She chuckled at his words "I would love t-" Tara was cut off when her house phone started ringing.

DJ listened to Tara as she released an annoyed sigh making him chuckle.

"Why don't you answer it while I get my dad in bed" he suggested.

"Alright, hurry back," she said leaving her phone.

DJ chuckled and nodded "Yes ma'am," he said.

DJ set his phone down and made his way to his Dad. His dad passed out drunk with the TV on. DJ sighed at the sight and used the remote to cut off the TV.