(6) Your POV - Happy Times.

You sat up against the tree watching Baelfire trying to make you smile, but you were too hungry and tired. He leaned down and grabbed your hands into his. You gave him a half-hearted smile while keeping your eyes on the ground.

"Baelfire! Come here." You hear Pan's voice booming around the camp. The boys were out hunting today and only Pan stayed behind. You hear those two mumble amongst themselves.

"Thank you, Pan.." Baelfire held back his excitement and you watched as he grabbed his tools and ran into the forest. Your eyebrows furrowed and you wondered what Pan told him. You turn to face Pan and meet with his guilty eyes. He shook his head and walked back into his tent, pretending like nothing ever happened.

You used the rest of your energy to try to stand, but ended up falling. Leaves and mud were stuck into your hair and you felt like a pig. You reached for your notebook and flipped through the sketches. You smiled slightly looking at the drawing of Peter. If only he had more mercy. You chuckle at the thought that would never even happen.

"Screw you, Pan." You whisper under your breath and lay on you back in the leaves.

"What did you just say?" You hear Pan's voice echo as he appears, kneeling down to you. You groan and put your hands over your face before saying,

"Screw you and your magic!"

You could feel him raise his eyebrow while hearing him say,

"Oh you wish you could, honey."

You roll your eyes and sit up, grabbing your notebook. Pan watches you, his eyes never leaving your notebook for some weird reason.

"Look.. I'm sor-- Nevermind. There's a stream down north of this camp.. Go clean yourself up." His British accent was apparent while he said that.

You try to get up, but accidentally fall onto Pan. Your eyes widen and you were about to apologize before he started laughing.

"You klutz." He laughed and flashed you a smile before his own eyes widened. His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes turned into a darker shade of green.

"Get off of me." He simply stated and you climb off of him, scared of what was going to come next. His eyes soften when he sees your actions. He quickly turns around and follows the trail Baelfire fled too.

Your eyes were glued onto the floor wondering why he was so.. Weird.. You decided to go down to the stream to renew your thoughts.

You laid there, in the water, just relaxing for once on this island.

-- Flashback--

"Get back here!"

You giggle hiding behind a tree. You had officially become a rebel that day. You had stolen your first ever notebook and coloring tools. Seven-year-old you turned around only to be faced by a shadow. His yellow eyes piercing into yours. His mouth opened but no words came out. He grabbed your notebook and drew an 'X'.. Of course, you never thought more of it and could tell no one about it because the notebook was stolen by you.

You spent your days drawing the shadow. He--or as you called him, 'Black Cat', would visit you every year on your birthday.. His present to you was a new drawing. On those birthdays, the Black Cat would always teach you how to draw something new.

You were always a quiet and observant kid. No matter what you did, you were always happy even though you knew deep down.. That the world was a cruel place and happiness was your distraction. Drawing was one of those happy activities you did and with the Shadow it became an adventure.

"Hehe.. Mr. Black Cat are you like me?" You giggle and drew a human cat. You look back up at the shadow and he grabbed your notebook.

Whenever he tried to write words to you, it was a completely different language, with symbols and notes. He always looked frustrated when he wrote even though he was a shadow.. Shadows have feelings too! But this time it was clear.. The shadow had wrote in big letters,

"No!"

Your eyes widened and you grabbed your notebook in awe. You grinned and the Black Cat and yelled,

"You did it!"

Suddenly, your parents walked in and the shadow disappeared.. They questioned you but ended up leaving you alone. They weren't a big influence in your life.. All they did was feed you and provide some clothes. Never said happy birthday or congratulations.. It was lonely being the only child and having no one believe in you. Well, besides the Shadow..

--End of Flashback--

You open your eyes, the once lucid water was filled with blood. You quickly get out and grabbed your clothes.. The bloody water turns clear.. Like seriously..

You look at your wound and only see your flesh. You look back and forth at your healed wound and the water.

"The hell is this?" You whisper.

You slip on your clothes and run your fingers through your hair. You look around and notice a figure. Your glance darkened as you realized how perverted a lost boy could really be.

You chase after the figure in attempt to teach him a lesson. As you ran, the branches and twigs brushed against your legs causing scratches and bruises. Still, you continued to chase the figure.

Your eyes widen as you come nearing the figure. Suddenly, in a snap, it disappears. You stand there, breathless, and looking around frantically. Your head twirls and the jungle seemed to thicken around you. You were lost..

Hopeless.. Your knees hit the floor and you sobbed in your hands. What had your life become?

You kneeled there. Nostalgia rushing through you. A dark and deep pain edged your heart. Your motives became unclear. You started to think about how you were treated so poorly.

"And what are you to mourn about your so called 'crappy life'..." A voice mumbled. You looked up in confusion and met eyes with a familiar person. Felix..

"You know others here have it so much worse than you. Why do you even think you have the right to pity yourself? Damn it." Felix cursed under his breath. He shook his head and carried you over his shoulders.

You didn't have the strength to resist and felt so weak and vulnerable.

"If only Black Cat was here.." You whimper and closed your eyes shut.

"If only someone could save us."

---- End of Chapter 6 ----
A/N: Ugh, I feel like a bad writer now because like it's been 2 months. I'm sorry. But anyway, enjoy!