[33] the perfect pair

Start from the beginning

"keep it for me." they shake hands and finally backs off the car, waving us a goodbye as soon as gavi starts backing up and the garage doors open for us.

gavi's had a habit of driving with one hand and his other would find it's way to my thigh if it weren't for mars who now occupied that spot and barked at him whenever he would try. "it's not fair he likes you more when i literally bought him!"

"he's a dog, gavi."

"who needs to know his place." he looks over to mars who has his tongue out and i know gavi can't resist his smile because he truly is the cutest. "you guys are a perfect pair."

"mmm no i think that's still us."

by now mars had settled down and gavi took his chance to place his hand on my thigh in which i placed my own on top of his. the promise ring he got is for our one year anniversary shinned from how bright the sun was hitting.

"can't argue with that."

GAVI's POV

the plates i was taking out were clinking, mars is barking which is nothing new, and y/n was stirring our first meal we'd be having since we've moved in.

we're having it on the balcony, though.

the living and dining room can wait to be set up tomorrow.

i didn't exactly know what y/n was making, but she mentioned it also being one of the first meals she had with xavi when she got here. so i let her take full control while i took everything outside to the table we bought to have out here, making sure to close it behind for mars' sake.

by the time i came back in, she was making her way back out. i ran alongside her to slide the door open again because of the small pot she was carrying. "thanks. that should be all so you can just close it again."

the second i did, mars started scratching the glass.

"actually, go put food and water in his bowls."

"always giving the orders." she rolls her eyes at me but i oblige and walk past him, scooping from the bag in the pantry and getting water from the fridge. "quédate quieto por favor."

no doubt he will now. he's wagging his tail and i can't help but kiss his head and scratch around his neck before i walk back out. "smells good."

"better taste too good because i burnt myself twice." she lifts her arm and shows me the two spots. "pobrecita la niña." i love teasing her but i can't lie and say it didn't look like it hurt. "looks like xavi's gonna be seeing me soon."

"you and these 'jokes'!"

i put quotes up in the air because she loves doing that just as much as i love teasing her. "they make me laugh so they are jokes." she's talking while she's serving me my plate so i can't really be mad at her.

on the way here after xavi's, we picked up red wine so that's what i was pouring.

the second i place our cups down, we pick it up at the same time to taste test it.