Left Alone

Title: Left Alone
Author: love_lyrical

Plot: (1)/10
(Original; 9-10 Points)
(A Little Used; 7-8 Points)
(Seen it a Few Times Before; 5-6 Points)
(Getting Too Used; 3-4 Points)
(Tiresome; 0-2 Points)
The plot of this story was one I have seen many times before, and there was nothing new about it. I will admit, I have used a plot similar to this one in one of my books, Breaking Down, however my book had a spin on the story where as that is where your'd lacked. If it had something to make it stand out, I would have given it a higher score.

Grammar: (4.5)/5
(0-3 Mistakes; 4-5 Points)
(4-6 Mistakes; 3-4 Points)
(7-10 Mistakes; 2-3 Points)
(10+ Mistakes; 0-2 Points)
Grammatical errors is based on how long the novel is
I will admit, I did not catch many grammatical mistakes in this novel. And the ones that I did catch were little, for example there were one or two capitalization errors. However, the main reason that I took of a half of a point was because of how many times you said Maddie and Mackenzie's name in one paragraph. Pronouns were invented for a reason. Overall, the mistakes that I caught were not ones that I normally have to look for.

Characters: (1)/15
(Well Developed; 12-15 Points)
(Developed; 8-11 Points)
(Understood; 5-7 Points)
(Difficult to Understand; 3-4 Points)
(Confusing; 0-2 Points)
Had I not known previously that Maddie and Mackenzie were sisters, I would have not gotten the story line as well. There is also the fact that the relationship Maddie and Mackenzie shared was very wishy-washy. They did not seem like real people and that was the main issue I had with these characters.

Layout: (3)/5
(Perfect; 5 Points)
(Good; 4 Points)
(Understood; 3 Points)
(Difficult to Understand; 2 Points)
(Confusing; 0-1 Points)
Layout in terms of correct paragraphs, dialogue, etc.
Overall, it was understandable. However, there were some errors where the paragraphs were too long. The issue with this is that there were multiple concepts in these paragraphs so it could have been easily broken into more.

Descriptions: (1)/15 Points
(Extremely Well Described; 14-15 Points)
(Well Described; 11-13 Points)
(Understandable; 7-10 Points)
(Difficult to Imagine; 4-6 Points)
(Confusing; 0-3 Points)
Descriptions of Scenes
The scenes make no sense once so ever. In one paragraph they were at the hospital and the next they were in the forest and the next they were at a dance competition. You could have gone into much more detail about each scene and added transition sentences to make the paragraphs less choppy.

Likability: (2)/5
(Dying to Read More; 5 Points)
(Wanting to Read More; 4 Points)
(Not On My Mind 24/7; 3 Points)
(Not My Favorite; 2 Points)
(Can't Read It; 0-1 Points)
It could have been a lot more interesting in the sense that it was not one I would be interesting in reading again.

Does This Book Have A Future: (2)/5
(Most Definitaly; 5 Points)
(I Think So; 4 Points)
(One Hit Wonder; 3 Points)
(I'm not Sure; 2 Points)
(No; 0-1 Points)
Obviously, this book has a few thousand reads, but it could go a lot further with time.

Comments: This book was definitely not one of my favorites, but it does have a lot of potential if you fix the things that are needed to be fixed.

Total: (14.5)/60