7. News and Booze

Start from the beginning

Vinny's eyes widen. "Shit," he grumbles. "I'm so tired of Olive and her bitch friends. Mia, I can handle. But I want to shove scissors in my ears when Olive attempts to get in my pants."

"I'll kiss you again if I have to," I remark half-jokingly. "That'll keep her away."

He laughs nervously, as if the thought bothers him in any way. Then, he groans, "You might have to, Jack. Something wicked this way comes."

As if on cue, Olive stops us and puts a hand on Vinny's arm. "Not so fast," she coos disgustingly. "You can't leave with her."

Vinny snorts, "Considering the fact that I came with Jacqueline and that I'm not your bitch that you can boss around, I'll do what I please. Have a good day."

We push past her confidently, but Vinny stops in his tracks and turns around. He takes a few steps toward her before pulling me with him. "And," he begins as he wraps an arm around my waist protectively, "I'm also Italian, so I could bring the Mafia on your flat ass if you come near either of us again."

She snorts, "Oh, Vinny, I'm so scared! Hold me!" She tries to coddle him awkwardly, but he shoves her off.

"Really bitch," he says. "Have you ever seen The Godfather? Just looking at these guys will have you pissing yourself! If I were you, I would your back, Ging."

I flip my hair dramatically before snapping in a 'z' motion and turning on my heels with Vinny behind me. I thought it would add a nice affect to the sass that was left in the air.

When we're out of earshot, it's impossible to stifle the laughter. We stagger towards the exit of the park as we try to keep moving, but are nearly doubled over from stomach pains because we're laughing so hard.

"That was..." I choke out. "The greatest thing... you've ever said!"

He responds with another loud laugh and a snort, "I can't believe I finally said it! I've been saving that comeback since I was 12 years old!"

We finally exit Castles n' Coasters, and Eric is parked by the exit. I can see Cece's worried expression as we approach the car, but any seriousness I thought I could muster went away with another thought about our encounter with Olive.

"Act natural," Vinny coughs as we approach the car. I let out another round of giggles before we reach the car and sit in the back quietly. Eric begins to drive away, one hand on the wheel, the other holding Cece's hand. I won't lie, they're cute together, but I was a little surprised this happened in the first place.

I stare out the window for a few minutes as the silence consumes the car, but I'm taken out from my gaze of Phoenix by Eric's voice asking, "So how was the ride, guys? Not so scary after all, yeah?"

I turn to look at Vinny, and he does the same to me. A smile grows on his face as he chuckles, his dimples appearing. I cock my head to the side as I laugh with I'm. Did he always have dimples?

"It was a great time," Vin says as he lays my head on his shoulder. "I wouldn't change a thing about it."

I laugh a little before shutting my eyes, sighing into his chest. As he wraps his arms around me, I feel those fireworks that I've felt throughout the day. This time, it isn't alarming; it's comforting. Now, I'm ready for whatever news Violet and Rosa have for us, good or bad.

The comfortable silence is interrupted by the radio turning on, and Trey Songz's Slow Motion playing quietly. Hardly anyone knows that he's my guilty pleasure, but I can't help but sing along.

We can take, we can take

We can take our time, baby

In slow motion