Motion or Morning Sickness

Start from the beginning

"Have you taken a test?" Rebecca asked me as I closed my trailer door.

"A COVID test? You saw me take one today," I questioned.

"No, I'm talking about a pregnancy test," she corrected me. "Bella, we both have kids. Did that idea not come into your head?"

"It's been six years since I had a kid," I told her. "And Andrew and I-"

The realization came to me. Andrew came to visit me in London a little over two months ago to talk about some wedding things and to catch up with me before he flies to Canada to film. We did share an intimate night together but we weren't trying like we were last year. We took a break after we had the miscarriage and that was before I left to go film. If there is a possible change of me being pregnant, I really don't know how to react.

"Holy shit," I came to the realization.

"Come on, I have some pregnancy tests in my bag. You can take it in my room," she told me.

I nodded, got my things, and we left. On our way back to the hotel, I looked out of the window trying to calm my nerves down. I felt Rebecca place her hand on my knee to stop it from bouncing. I didn't even know that it was. Getting out of the car, we got into the elevator before heading into her room.

Putting my things down on the desk her room had, I drank some water as Rebecca handed me the box. Looking at it and looking at her, she sent me a smile and I let out a breath to calm my nerves. Grabbing a disposable coffee cup, I headed into the bathroom to take the test.

Capping all three tests, I told Rebecca to turn on the time as I started to record myself. Just keeping this as memories no matter if they're positive or negative.

"Alright, it's time," Rebecca said as her timer went off. "Ready for this?"

"No," I let out a nervous chuckle.

With shaking hands, my eyes widened as I turned each test. Tears started to come out of my eyes as I saw the results.

"Positive." I looked at Rebecca who threw me in a hug.

We celebrated with soup from a café nearby and in the back of my head many questions came to the back of my head. One of them being how I was going to tell Andrew.

*Two Days Later*

Walking out of the bathroom after throwing up, I made my way to the kitchen to make myself a light breakfast before my doctor's appointment. Thankfully my gynecologist in London wanted me to take some blood tests before I left for Italy and gave me a call to come into her office to talk about them. I have a feeling about what she wanted to talk about. Eating my breakfast and taking my vitamins, I changed into a casual outfit.

After the twenty minute drive, I checked myself and was immediately shown to one of the examination rooms. I sat down on the table and waited for a little bit before she came into the room.

"Bella, how are you?" Dr. Danvers asked me.

"I'm good," I replied. "I have a feeling about the results. I think I know what you're going to tell me."

"You took a test didn't you?" She chuckled.

"Yep, came out positive," I laughed along with her.

"Same with your blood results," she told me. "Based on your last period, you're a little over two months but let's get an ultrasound."

I nodded my head and laid down on the table. Pushing my shorts down and my shirt up, I felt her put some gel on and some slight pressure from the wand. When she pushed the screen to my eyeline, tears started to form when I saw our baby on screen as their heartbeat echoed.

"Yep, nine almost ten weeks," she confirmed. "I'm guessing they'll arrive late February, early March. Also a really strong heartbeat. Well, let me get some pictures and you can get set up for your next appointment. How long are you filming?"
"I'll finish in September hopefully," I answered. "I already have a stunt double when it comes to the stunts but I'll be careful."

"Okay, good," she nodded her head in approval. "I'll send the information to your doctor in New York, congratulations."

"Thank you," I gave her a smile.

Leaving the office, I wiped the gel off of my stomach and pulled up my shorts and pushed down my shirt. Walking out of the room, I headed to the reception area to make an appointment in a few weeks. Being given the scans, I thanked them and walked out of the office with a smile on my face. Getting into the car, I made my way to the shopping center that was near the doctor's office and went into a couple of stores to get myself a couple of things. I also went to the baby sections and stores to see what I can surprise Andrew with. I found an off white onesie that had rainbows scattered around it which is perfect for this. Purchasing it, I headed to a little gift shop to buy a bag and a card announcing Andrew my pregnancy. I soon headed back to the car and drove back home.

"Mommy!" I saw Kara run up to me as I opened the door.

"Kara?" My eyes widened. "What are you doing here? How?"

"Well, I finished filming so I called your parents to see if I can take Kara to London with me," Andrew answered. "Hi."

"Hi, I missed you," I got up and planted a kiss on him.

"Me too," he smiled. "Pom told me you weren't on set these past two days. Something about getting sick. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I went to the doctor earlier," I reassured him.

"Everything good?" He asked.

"Yeah, all good," I smiled. "Let me take these bags to the room and I'll tell you."

Grabbing the shopping bags, I walked into our room and got the onesie out. Placing it in the bag, I quickly wrote in the card while tearing off one of the pictures of our baby. Ruffling up the tissue paper, I walked out with the bag in hand and started recording. I placed the bag on Andrew's lap as he sat down on the couch.

"What's this?" He questioned.

"Just open it," I sat down next to him.

Eyebrows furrowed, he proceeded to remove the tissue paper to see the card and onesie. A confused look formed on his face as he opened the card.

"Can't wait to meet you Daddy. Love Baby Garfield?" He looked at me with tears forming in his eyes. "Wait, are you?"

"Yeah," I sniffled. "I am."

Andrew hugged me and placed a passionate kiss on my lips. Detaching our lips, we laughed at the sight of ourselves.

"How far?"

"Almost ten weeks, expect them to come in late February or early March. Also, that's why I was sick when on set."

"Mommy, Andrew? Are you okay?" Kara showed up in the living room.

"Yeah, we are. We're just happy," I told her as I patted the open space between Andrew and I.

"Why?" She questioned.

"Well, how would you feel if you became a big sister?" I asked her and her eyes widened with glee.

"I'm a big sister?" She asked.

"Yeah, in a few months you will be," Andrew confirmed.

Kara cheered and hugged the both of us. We hugged back and enjoyed this moment together.