"I am so serious. He's the Wendy to my Jack, can't let him die I'm just... using my sarcasm as a way to lighten the mood of this testosterone filled room. Both of you are just fuckin' killing my mood."

The blonde turned around and narrowed her eyes at Thalia, "Are you high?" She shrugged and tilted her head back, "I took a little something before you showed up lookin' like Rocky but it wasn't too much."

"She's stoned out of her mind." His wife rolled her eyes, though Joel was right she didn't want to admit it. "Where do you even get this stuff?"

"Wherever I can find it- enough about me back to... wait what are we doing?" Tess turned back to Joel, "She has a point. We're gonna get our battery back and the money. Have to do it quietly though, I promised Robert you wouldn't hurt him."

Thalia lifted her head, setting the chair back on all four legs, "We're gonna hurt him, right?" The woman nodded, a small hint of a smirk on her lips. She stood up and walked into her living room, grabbing her holster and securing it around her waist. Right side, axe. Left side, gun. "You two comin' or what?"

***

After bribing one of Robert's men, they were able to get a location and headed through the streets, rain pouring down on their heads as they did. The trio entered a building on the corner of the street, the plan was to use the tunnels and take him by surprise.

Thalia shook her head, hair stick to her forehead from all the rain. Joel and Tess pulled their flashlights from their packs, leaving Thalia to stand by and wait. "You didn't grab your pack?"

Joel tilted his head, bent over before standing to his full height with a small groan. "No... I have my gun and my axe. I'll just use your flashlight." His eyes narrowed, eyebrows knitted together in a furrow line, "How are you gonna use it if I am?"

"Behave- fuckin' children..." Tess couldn't help but roll her eyes. She'd been in the middle of this angry couple for nearly twenty years, always having to be the adult to break up the two who constantly fought like little kids.

"Says Rocky." She sighed, clicking her flashlight on, "Ready?" Joel nodded and they set off. Down and down until they found themselves in a dingy tunnel, dripping from the ceiling and the smell strong enough to kill a small animal.

Thalia ventured a bit farther behind the pair, letting their flashlights aluminate the way. Tess pointed towards a small door, "Oh that's the one." She climbed up the small ladder, Joel stopped before it, allowing his wife to go before him.

She gave him a hint of a smile at the sentiment, she wasn't even sure he could see it as his light wasn't pointed anywhere near her face, but he had. Her smile never failed to make him feel all warm inside, even if this one was small and meek.

Thalia took large steps and followed behind Tess, trailing behind her and into the small room. It was dark and she couldn't see anything not having her own flashlight, using what little light Tess' provided. She followed the stream until it landed on something that made them both jump, "Oh! Oh fuck."

Her husband came bursting into the room with his gun outwards. Whether it was instinct or he did it on purpose his other hand landed over Thalia's body, left hand holding her waist.

With his arm blanketing her body she didn't really panic, also couldn't reach for her gun as he had pretty much inhibited her from doing so. "Take it he wasn't down here last time?"

"No." Thalia's eyes leaned to the right, staring at her husband who had yet to realize that he was keeping her from moving at all. She cleared her throat in the most polite manner she could, trying to keep it down.