Chapter 2: Finding Hope

The ashes of the burning city reach to Greyskull keep, Trinket watches from the outside of the keep, but the faint sound catches his attention as he turns back to the door.

Seeing the bright light that flickered in the commons, the others appeared in the air and drops to the ground, Scanlan continuously screams as he plops down on top of the others, holding the broom tightly in his hands.

They pull themselves back to their feet as Scanlan blinks for a moment, realizing they were back at the keep. "Yes! I'm alive," he spoke with a smile.

Their turns to their arcane friend, who was holding his leg in pain, and Kyria kneeling next to him as walks to him "Oh, Gilmore, I'd kiss you right now, but you'd inevitably fall in love with me, and that'd be messy, so... eh." he said patting his hand.

But Gilmore and Kyria blink at him, as Scanlan walks off. Gilmore sighs and looks at the Kyria in his hand, watching as it crumbles from his palm. "Sorry about your crystal," Kyria said to him.

Gilmore looks at her and smiles. "No need, it was in case of emergencies and dragons attacking Emon, what better way to use it," he said to her with a smile. "And besides, if I lose my favorite witch, I would heartbroken," he said, brushing back a strain.

She smiles at him, taking hold of his hand, "Thank you." she said, he smiles at her, but groans in pain. "Gilmore," she said with worry as Vax walks to them. "Easy, friend," he tells him.

Both help him to his feet and set him on one of the pillar ledges, "Thanks for getting us out of there." Vax tells him. Gilmore looks at him and smiles. "I think I might have something to help with your leg, stay here," Kyria spoke as she ran off to her room.

Gilmore smiles as he watches her run off, couldn't help but laugh. "She has a beautiful heart, doesn't she?" he states, Vax chuckles as he looks at him, "A loving one, that's for sure," she states as they smiled at each other.

"Here we go," Grog spoke as he picks up the great onyx sword, he got from the Ziggurat. "Grog, where did you get that curious blade?" Gilmore asks him, Grog just shrugs at him. "Off a vampire lord. Pretty cool, right?" he asks.

Jason scoffs, "Pretty dangerous for a blade that literally drinks up blood." he mutters as he crosses his arms. "It radiates dark magic. Are you sure you know what it does?" Gilmore questions him.

Grog just chuckles as he turns to him, "Sure do. Chops up dragons." he answers as he places the blade on his back. Percy stood at the window, seeing the destruction of Emon "We're still too close to the city for my liking. I saw we retreat to Whitestone." he informs as he turns to the others.

Kyria returns with herbs and bandages and kneels in front of Gilmore's leg, "My sister will take us in. we can regroup and plan a counterattack." Percy informs them.

"And meanwhile, Emon falls. The capital of this whole fucking continent. We can't just abandon it."Vax spoke up as he stood to his feet. "Percy's right. I mean, come on, did you see them? Four giant dragons." Scanlan spoke as Kyris applies the crushed herb slave to his leg.

Vex turns to Vax, "Brother, what more can we do? Our weapons are useless. They're ancient and powerful. We don't stand a chance." she informs him. "So what? We just turn tail and run, leaving the City, the people of Emon to suffer at the hands of dragons?!" Jason questions as he points to the window with the view of the burning city.

"I'm not saying that, Jason. We can't fight them," she informs him, he frowns, crossing his arms. "And we can't turn away from this," he informs her.

She frowns at him, flicking her eyes down Trinket growls, drawing her attention. She smiles and places her hand on his head "You don't like those nasty old lizards, either. Do you, Trinket." she huffs a smile.