Call of Adventure: Part 1

Začít od začátku

Her companion was the first woman's complete opposite. Her straight black hair hung like whisps around her pale face; both contrasted greatly with her lightning-blue eyes. She wore a dark purple dress that threw modesty out the window. Sona felt secondhand embarrassment for her. The cheery-looking one tapped the other on the shoulder, pointing to the bar. The darker one rolled her eyes and followed her energetic companion over. They got drinks and sat for a bit. By this time, Sona had gotten her own drinks and food.

Sona saw that many of the men – and even a few women – were stealing glances at their table. She wasn't surprised. They were attractive and definitely foreign. The pair entered into what looked like an intense discussion with lots of gesturing and dramatic facial expressions. A couple of particularly bold men attempted to slide into the conversation, gesturing at their drinks and waving at the bartender.

Sona chuckled to herself and wondered if she should step in. The cheery girl was starting to look a bit uncomfortable. But decided it would be best to wait until something actually happened. The pale woman put on a supremely fake smile and reached a hand out in such a way that it appeared delicate. The first man smirked and took her hand, shaking it lightly. He held it for only a second before a bright flash of blue shot across his arm, and he spasmed to the floor. There was a scent of burnt chicken in the air, and several people got to their feet; some rushed to the man's side, others called out into the lobby for help, but most just stared.

The pale woman's fake smile melted into a genuine one, and she returned to her drink. Sona herself was completely frozen on the spot.

She knew that smile, that malicious look in the woman's eyes. It reminded her of Y/N that night.

_______________________________________

Medical personnel quickly arrived, and the seemingly electrocuted man was taken away. The pale woman was questioned and even searched, but they found nothing that could have caused the incident. The bar returned to business as usual, but everyone gave that table a wide berth. Eventually, the girls left their table and walked out the lobby's front door.

Sona's suspicions got the best of her, and she followed them out.

She trailed them just far enough away that the duo wouldn't notice her with the crowd around them. Or that was what Sona thought until they turned one last corner and disappeared completely. She looked around the street but could not find them.

Maybe they went into a side shop?

Sona was pondering the possibilities when she found herself yanked out of the crowd and down an alleyway. Her eyes went wide, and she wanted to scream back at the crowd for help, but a hand was clamped firmly over her mouth.

???: There you are! How many times do I have to tell you not to lose us in the crowd?

The pale woman sounded friendly but was giving Sona a death stare through loose strands of black hair. They pulled Sona into a small alcove next to a trash bin in the alley, and she found herself pinned against the wall.

Pale Woman: Scream, and you'll wish you got off like that guy in the bar. That was me playing nice.

Cheery Woman: Sheena, don't be so mean to her! Maybe she had a good reason for following us.

Sheena: Good reason? I wish you'd act more like your namesake sometimes, Lilith.

Lilith: Lilly!

Sheena: Whatever. Check her Sylvanu. She doesn't feel right.

Lilly: Not whatever! And come on, you know I can't be that mean. I'm too much like dad.

Sheena released Sona and rounded on Lilly, whom Sona guessed was her sister – younger or older, she couldn't tell.