Whatever it may be, the grey eyed man didn't bother Liam much. He did give the curly haired boy a present that even though Liam wanted to throw in trash, he kept it inside his bag.

He didn't bother to open it. He knew it must be some flashy jewellery or an  expensive gift, Mikhael wouldn't have even thought of the gift by himself.

He just closed his eyes and put on his earphones. The excitement of the first time in a flight had died long ago. There was chatter all around him, he heard Andrew ask for drinks and food. But Liam had lost his appetite.

So when the bodyguard asked him, he refused. Andrew gave him a worried look but the curly haired boy ignored him.

"You didn't have breakfast also, Mr Payne. Please have something" He insisted again.

"Please Andrew, it's going to be a long flight. I'm just gonna rest for a bit if you don't mind" He turned his head towards the window, refusing to meet the bodyguard's worried eyes.

Even though he was not as close to Andrew as he was with Zayn, Liam considered him to be a good man. The  curly haired boy had talked to him in a few instances and got to know a little about him.

The intimidating man was actually a family man and because of his job, he had to stay away from them for longer periods. He had two kids and a lovely wife, and though Liam never saw their pictures, he could tell it must be a beautiful family.

It had made him wonder about Zayn's family too. The dark haired man had always been reluctant to talk about them, but Liam wished that could change. But alas, now that wish could never come true.

He didn't know when he had fallen asleep, but when he woke up, it was Zayn who was next to him.

Liam had his head rested on the dark haired man's shoulder while Zayn was reading some magazine. He continued pretending to be asleep. He could easily smell the strong cologne that Zayn wore, it wasn't too manly but not too sweet also.

But Zayn caught his act soon.

"We'll land in an hour" He mumbled but didn't push Liam away.

Liam smiled to himself and looked up at the handsome face. Zayn glanced down at him with a straight face though. Their eyes were busy staring at each other, none saying a word.

He didn't want this spell to be broken. Will it be too much to ask for time to just stop? Let this moment keep repeating in a loop, so he doesn't have to face the reality.

The way those hazel eyes were staring at him intensely made his heart flutter and his pulse quickened rapidly. They were so close that Liam was sure that the dark haired man could hear his frantic heart beats.

Zayn was the first to look away. And Liam understood that his happy bubble had burst.

"Where's Andrew?" Liam's voice came out very hoarse and he cleared his throat, he didn't like the way he sounded.

"He was tired of your snoring so he wanted to switch seats"

Liam's head whipped towards him in an instant, "I do not snore!" His ears and cheeks were red in embarrassment. He was a blushing mess in seconds.

Did he really snore?!

"If you want I can confirm right now. Hey Andr-" Zayn's words were cut short as Liam closed his mouth with his hand.

"Don't shout you idiot!"

The dark haired man broke free from Liam, "I was doing what you wanted"

There was silence after that between them. Liam was trying to come up with some topic, but was failing miserably.

"How are you?" He finally asked, with much courage.

But that courage deflated as Zayn remained quiet. What was Liam thinking, the man had not spared a glance at him for the past two weeks, how can he expect Zayn to talk to him now?

"Been better", Zayn replied softly while Liam's heart was thundering in his chest. It was now or never.

"Zee, about that night-"

"I told you already that there's nothing to discuss about anything Mr Payne"

The sharp and curt reply was enough to shut Liam up. He gazed out of the window with a sullen face.

If rudeness had a name it would be Zayn Malik!

He admitted that it was wrong on his part to act like that and kiss Zayn out of the blue, but it wasn't like the other guy didn't reciprocate. Zayn had kissed him back.

The rest of the time none of them spoke. Andrew came to ask Liam yet again to eat something, but the younger one refused. A concerned look flashed through Zayn's eyes but the dark haired man masked it pretty quickly.

Somewhere inside his heart he hoped that Zayn would ask him if he wants to eat anything, even though how cringey or childish it may be, Liam would have agreed to eat whatever Zayn would have offered.

But the bodyguard didn't utter a word about it.

Liam didn't talk much after that. Even when they were finally landing, he was afraid of the turbulence, his hands were shaking, but he didn't dare grab Zayn's hands.

But suddenly the dark haired man held his trembling hands. Zayn didn't look at him, but squeezed his hands in a comforting way, as if telling Liam not to worry.

A silly smile tugged on his lips. He just held onto the broad hand tightly, their fingers intertwining. He shut his eyes as he was still afraid. It was his first flight, nobody could judge him.

Maybe things were not so bad as he imagined.

Maybe he could melt Zayn's cold heart.

................................................................

I'm sorry for such a short update. But lately I'm not able to write properly or think of a better storyline. I know many of you want frequent updates and I'm trying my best to do that...

Again I'm very sorry for keeping you all waiting, and I promise to get back to my writer mode again and give you another beautiful Ziam story ❤️