𝒗𝒊. of the past

Start from the beginning

  Pushing the papers off of my bed━they hit the floor with a large thlunk! clank!━I close my eyes, flopping backwards. 

  When I open my eyes once more, the emerald green drapes stare back at me. Emerald green. The garden. Playing━that snake? Normally, I'd try to push away the memories that offend me so━but today, I can't seem to press them away. So with the final breath, I re-close my eyes and wait until the memory over-takes me.

  It doesn't disappoint.

  A cool wind drifts right in front of my eyes. Going to Mother's garden is a treat (Zach and I have never understood why), and I'm not going to waste it tonight, like I've done before.

  Staring at my surroundings, I can understand why Mother tries to keep us away from here━it's spectacular.

  Fairy lights, the pure fae magick, are strung up along the benches, the many gazebos, the walls of greens━and more. Fairies fly here and there, their delicate and alluring wings buzzing, yet creating no sound except for the once-in-a-while chirp. I wonder how they do such a thing━to my mind of five, it is but magic. "How?" I whisper, and flinch the second  Mother's gaze lands on me. Quieting down again, I soak it all up. Flowers, the flowers Mother is so incredibly proud of, are being tended by one of the house elves, and I see a fae or two flutter between them, flicking their growth magicks and sparkles. 

  "Cherry!" someone yells. It isn't soft, but when I stare at Mother, she's smiling...

  "Yeah, Zach?" I ask, skipping over to him carefully. (Too many things on the ground, I'm tell you!) I try not  to be afraid for his answer; he's been rude to me before, but perhaps with Mother here, he'll be nice

  Zach smiles, just as Mother yells, "Zacharias Archer Smith, be careful! And whatever you do, do not get injured!" I stare at Mother: is she serious? What about me? Does she just not care for me?

  "Cherry!" he greets me, giddy with childish laughter, "do you wanna climb to the treehouse? Pretty please?" he gives me those stupid eyes he knows I can't resist, so I say yes, smiling, as well, the entire time until we reached one of the big trees. Long ago, I remember, Father built us this treehouse, as he called it━Mother and Father promised they'd never go inside it, it was our secret.

  "Race?" I question, and, once hearing the positive reply, I say, "ready, set ... go!" Once the words leave my mouth, I start racing up the tree.

  Dive around this branch, move out of there quickly! my brain supplies. I jump, then I run, jump, run, the pattern repeats in my head. "Cherry, look out!" I knew that Zach had had a good intention in warning me; of course I knew. But he had done so in the wrong time, as when I looked over at him, my head hit one of the strongest branches that were so high up the tree. Clunk! 

  I hit my head harshly.

  ... and I fell right down, over six meters, down, down, to the ground.

  All went black. 

✧⋆· *ೃ⁀➷

Ring! Ring!

  Zacharias: hey, cherry...

  Cherry: what do you want, Zach?

  Zacharias: still calling me Zach, I see... thought that at this point, you'll be calling me━

  Cherry: calling you what━idiot? motherfucker? cunt? Zach, I've called you that. just too tired and fucking annoyed to do something else.

  Zacharias: ah.

  Cherry: ah indeed.

  Zacharias: but in answer to your first question ... just reminiscing. wanted to talk to you, I guess.

  Cherry: reminiscing? about what were you?

  Zacharias: the day with the treehouse... you know.

  Cherry: oh

  Zacharias: oh indeed *chuckles* cherry... what are you not telling me? 

  Cherry: not telling you?

  Zacharias: cherry, you're hiding something, I know you well... but what is it

  Cherry: I'm not hiding anything, zach? *nervous laughter*

  Zacharias: cherry come on

  Cherry: I dunno, okay? I just had the same memory re-play itself in my head?? could you shut the fuck up?

  Zacharias: testy testy fiesty fiesty ... bye, cherry. love you

  Cherry: love you too

Beep!

✧⋆· *ೃ⁀➷

  zach does try to be an older brother, he just isn't doing it right... cherry also tends to exaggerate *nervous laughter*

  leave comments, votes, follows... let me know that these books interest you!