𝟕 | 𝐃𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬

Start from the beginning

Hesitantly I took it, giving him look to make sure he wasn't joking.

"You sure...?"

He nods, "It's yours.....it will help you start out, and besides you're gonna eat and have a place to sleep at times," he chuckles, while I smile.

"Yeah, you've got a good point,"

Finally it was time to leave, as I found it hard to leave Sensei alone. He has always been alone for a while, and we were only part of his life. Now, I'm gonna become a slayer and track down the man who murdered my entire clan that very night. It was muzan, whom I've heard about. 

Yet, it was also someone else who seems to have a grudge against my family.

~*~

A FEW HOURS LATER ~ VILLAGE FUYU-KEN

Shaky puffs of fog drifts from my lips, while I push through the snowy mountains ahead. The wind bellows down the valley, as the snow crunches beneath my feet with every heavy step I took. No stream of light was to be seen, despite that it was only the afternoon.

Clouds clustered together, as snow drifts down heavily.

Shielding my face from getting frostbitten, I begin to realise my missions were to circulate around the snowy mountains. I could tell by the environment, being mostly darker and colder. Demons were infesting the lands as we speak, and no one seemed to be aiding the mountains.

Guess that's another reason I was asked to take this mission, because my family lived in the snowy climate too.

However it wasn't as bad as this section of the snowy mountains, but despite that it still needed to be reported and claimed to be a safe zone. This environment alone was an easy place, for people to be easily devoured. Yet, people continue to live within the mountains. Hundreds of years, and demons continued to take.

Wrapping my haori closer to my frame, the fur collar allowed my neck to gather some warmth.

"Seriously, it's a bit nippy," Muttering to myself, I rub my hands together to gather some warmth. 

The wind howls in response, before seeing a faint glow of light ahead. Squinting my eyes, I soon notice that the village was not far from where I stood. Finally having some hope reaching the place, I still needed to keep my guard up. 

Whether it might be day or night, the mountains will always remain clouded over.

A loud blood-curdling cry pierces the air, feeling the snow shift beneath me. My eyes snap up feeling my heart skip a beat, almost reaching for the hilt of my blade at the hip. Eyes steadily skimming across the fresh snow, as the hairs stand on end. Without hesitation I push off bursting at full speed up the mountain, as the snow slowed down my strides.

"Dammit," cursing under my breath, before waft of blood fills my nose. I grimace in response, but I kept moving forward in instinct.

Finally out in the open the demon stood at about seven foot tall, pulling on a child's arm while the other was being held by a woman. Her eyes were filled with horror, playing tug of war. She pleads and protests to let her boy go, while blood stains the snow beneath them. The boys blood.

"Mama!!!!" 

"I-I've got you!" She cries, while the Demon growls baring it's fangs.

Without hesitation I burst towards the child, while drawing my blade in a split second. The blade runs right through the flesh of the demon, causing the child to fall from it's grasp. My hand quickly places my sword back into the scabbard, before catching the child in my arms. Creating a path of cut down snow, blood tainted it.