Sesshomaru stops short when I run right in front of him. He blinks his golden eyes in surprise upon seeing the tears threatening to spill down my face, a hard frown on my features as my fists are clenched in front of my chest.

"Sakura—" He begins, but I cut him off.

"We fight these battles together! I can't just stay behind and wait for my fiancé to return! We're supposed to be getting married, Sesshy-kun! What if you don't come back?! What am I supposed to do? You can't just leave me alone!" I exclaim, tears flying from my eyes as I shake my head defiantly.

We fall silent as Sesshomaru no doubt remembers that my parents were killed, which left me alone to take care of my baby brother.

I couldn't bear it if I lost him as well.

I know he's a full fledged dog demon, and very powerful, but I still can't help but worry about him.

As I burst into tears, Sesshomaru's eyes soften and he cups my left cheek, making me look at him. Sesshomaru says gently, "Sakura-chan, I promise I'll never leave you and that I'll return. I did vow to marry you when we've defeated Naraku, didn't I? I'll keep that promise no matter what. I love you more than anything else in this world, and that's exactly why I don't want you to come with me. I can't afford to lose you, my sole light in this world, my cherry blossom. I promise I'll return."

I feel like crying even more, at his words.

"I love you, too," I whisper. We lean in and kiss deeply, my hands resting on his chest. As we kiss, the tears continue streaming down my face.

I want the kiss to last forever, but we were interrupted by a certain hanyo approaching from behind Sesshomaru

Inuyasha clears his throat loudly before addressing his older brother.

"Hey, Sesshomaru, what's all this about?" Inuyasha demands, causing Sesshomaru and I to peer back at him. Sesshomaru doesn't respond. A knowing look enter's Inuyasha's golden orbs as he frowns. "You're going after Magatsuhi, aren't you?"

Sesshomaru states as he turns his head back to the front, "Magatsuhi is my prey now."

A frown tugs at Sesshomaru's brows.

I grip the front of his kimono, causing Sesshomaru to flick his eyes to me. I murmur, "Come back to me."

Cupping my cheek before he kisses me deeply again, Sesshomaru promises, gazing into my blue orbs, "Always."

I sniffle as I brush at my nose, still crying, trying to keep it together for Sesshomaru but failing.

With that said, I reluctantly step back as the dog demon bends his knees and takes flight, causing Jaken to cry out as he tumbles back to the ground in a heap, face first

I gaze after my fiancé as Inuyasha demands, running a couple of steps forwards, "What are you doing, Sesshomaru?!"

Totosai questions as he approaches the hanyo, hammer resting over his shoulder, "Why not let him go?" Inuyasha scowls as he glances to him. "You know Magatsuhi is not of this world. Only Sesshomaru's Tensaiga is capable of cutting him down."

Rin pleads as she, Shinobu and Karina step up to the imp, sobbing into the ground, "Please don't cry. We'll just have to wait for him like we always do, Jaken-sama."

Jaken mumbles sadly as he lifts his head, the center of his face red from the impact, "I'll be waiting!"

I continue to gaze after Sesshomaru, having fallen silent.

Inuyasha speaks up, addressing me, "What do you make of this, Sakura?" He starts when I slump my shoulders and a depressed aura surrounds my body.

"This isn't fair! Sesshy-kun and I always fight enemies together! Why did I get left behind?! I could've helped somehow with my spiritual powers!"

I start to anime cry into my hands, and Inuyasha flails about as he splutters for a way to calm me down.

"I-It'll be okay, Sakura! You know how Sesshomaru is! He'll be back before you know it! So just please don't cry anymore!"

I continue to cry as Miroku approaches us and Karina rubs against my legs to try to comfort me, purring. Miroku says, "Inuyasha, Magatsuhi must've been the one who sealed Kagome's powers. It's the only explanation."

Inuyasha lowers his arms and says seriously as he looks back at Miroku, "Yeah, I know. That means we'll have to destroy Magatsuhi to undo the seal. And I'm not very happy about leaving the job to Sesshomaru alone."

                     🗡🗡🗡

Later that night, I sit next to Sango, the unconscious Kohaku resting with his head in her lap and Karina in my lap as I stroke her, in Kaede's hut with the rest of our companions.

(Just imagine it as described above)

A delicious aroma fills the place as the old woman stirs a pot of stew.

Inuyasha and Kagome were outside.

She says to Jaken, "Little demon, you're staying behind as well, are you?"

He snaps indignantly, "It's Jaken-sama!"

I scold him, a dark glare on my features, "Will you please be polite, little demon?" Jaken jumps at my expression and tone.

"The attitude is bigger than he is," Shippo says smartly as he and Shinobu slurp their stew. I take a few bites of mine as Jaken gains an irritated mark and glares at the kitsune.

"Look who's talking, Small Fry!" Jaken snaps with steam wafting from him.

The following morning, Kagome returns to her home world on the other side of the Bone Eater's Well to face the weak demon known as "Entrance Exams," which is a weird name for a demon, if you ask me, since Kagome can no longer access her spiritual powers.