20. 211 Degrees Fahrenheit

Start from the beginning

Donghyuck took a few steps backwards before dashing out of the kitchen, running back to the basement and closing the door shut, making sure the deadbolts were all in use.

Mark watched Donghyuck do this all in a hurry, his eyes puzzled. Despite all the capabilities he had, he still was not a mind reader. "What happened?"

"They're outside arguing or something." Donghyuck pressed his back on the basement door, a worried look on his face. "They're going to be around here more often, right? We're gonna have to work hard to hide you."

Mark glanced at the room around them before making eye contact with Donghyuck again. "Is that wise?" he then asked. "Truths always end up revealing themselves in the light."

"Well, too bad, because I'm very good at keeping secrets," Donghyuck said proudly. "We're going to keep you hidden, I promise you that.

***

Jaehyun had a feeling the young prince all those years ago was never murdered.

"HOW?!" Jaemin screamed. "HOW DID HE SURVIVE?!"

Renjun shrugged. "Maybe someone swap the babies out?"

"I always had a feeling that Lee-eun was being the murder of the King's brother," Jaehyun muttered under his breath.

Ten had left earlier, with him and Jaehyun telling as much information as they knew. So now Jaehyun knew that Model M and K... Mark and Kun... were alive, but the question was how to prevent getting them arrested, Lee-eun getting access to control them again, and getting the royal bloodline hurt.

"But how does Lee-eun even know the baby survive?!" Jaemin continued yelling. "Wait, what did Ten say his name was again-"

"YOU TWO!" Jaehyun pointed at Jaemin and Renjun, his finger alternating between the two individuals. "KEEP! YOUR! MOUTH! SHUT!"

Jaemin made the zipping motion across his lips, while Renjun merely stepped closer to Jaehyun with each word said.

Jaehyun frowned. "What are you doi-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence when Renjun went ahead and bit his finger.

Jaehyun screamed, pulling his hand back. "WHAT THE FUCK-"

Jaemin stared at Renjun wide-eyed. "Why'd you bite him-"

Taeyong, who had been behind Jaehyun the entire time quietly, suddenly walked towards Renjun, shoving him. "Don't hurt him-"

"Don't fucking tell me what to do." Renjun pushed Taeyong back. Everyone knew that Renjun and Taeyong both had the strength to bite Jaehyun's finger cleanly off, and why out of all things bite him to express his anger... no clue. "You're not my mother, matter fact we don't have one-"

"I said," Taeyong repeated himself. "Don't hurt him-"

"And what if I will?" Renjun taunted him. "All four of us are going to jail-"

"I need both of you guys to drop this conversation," Jaehyun said, still wincing at his hurt finger which was now red. "We have other matters to attend to-"

"YOU! DON'T TELL ME TO SHUT UP WHEN THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Renjun screamed at him, pushing Taeyong out of his way to get into Jaehyun's face. "DID YOU REALLY THINK LEE-EUN HAD GOOD INTENTIONS-"

"I SAID DON'T HURT HIM!" Taeyong shoved Renjun so hard, knocking the smaller one onto the ground. "JUST DROP IT-"

"Taeyong." Jaehyun would have gotten between the two fighting, but knowing both had the capacity to kill caused him to hold back. "Stop."

Jaemin got on the ground, hugging Renjun from behind. Unlike Jaehyun, he had no regards towards his well being, though he was more concerned with Renjun's feelings at the moment. "Injun, stop."

Well. That was a new nickname, but in all honesty, Jaehyun saw it coming way before Renjun was first even turned on. "How is this my fault?!" Jaehyun asked Renjun.

Renjun balled his fists, tears forming in his eyes. Even though he could have easily gotten up and made Jaehyun unconscious, he knew Taeyong was going to try to stop him. "Don't you get it? We were created to be ASSASSINS, Jaehyun! None of this 'for the greater good' bullshit-"

"That was not my intention!" Jaehyun yelled. "You know that! I chose this position to help people!"

And, at least before, it was true. Jaehyun was responsible for, well, almost everything in the Kingdom of Korea. The architecture that protected them from natural disasters. The crops that, with the right genetic engineering, were able to grow in harsh conditions and be less susceptible to disease. Finding cures and treatments for disease.

At least, that's what Jaehyun took pride in. Because now, his pride was shattered.

Renjun was right. Jaehyun suspected so much shady from Lee-eun, how could he possibly suspect that Lee-eun had good intentions?

"Can you guys stop arguing?" Jaemin grabbed Renjun from underneath his shoulders and helped lift him up, even though Renjun didn't need it. "Doesn't matter who thought what, what matters is that we try to stop Lee-eun! We can play the finger blaming game later-"

A banging noise on the door interrupted their conversation, causing all four heads to turn.

"Is that Jeno?" Jaehyun said, heading towards the door.

Taeyong followed Jaehyun quietly, sparing one glance at Renjun to make sure the latter wouldn't follow Jaehyun to bite him again.

When Jaehyun opened the door, expecting to see Jaemin's friend, his eyes widened once he realized it was Lee-eun and his guards.

"Oh, sir, what are you doing sir-"

"No time for pleasantries, Jaehyun." Lee-eun forced his way in, his men following in after him. "I sure hope you're not busy, I have a request for you to fulfill."

Jaehyun felt someone grab his hand. Looking down, he saw as Taeyong, who had reached out to hold it, intertwining their fingers together tightly.

"I'm so sorry, Jung Jaehyun," Taeyong whispered.

Lee-eun noticed the interaction between the two, but all he could do was smirk. "Now, Jaehyun, I've had some men do research in the town of SM, and I'm going to give you the luxury of choosing which option sounds better."

"Option of what," Jaehyun sneered at him.

"Easy." Lee-eun sat down at the table, putting his feet up on the table as his men circled around him. "Who should we get rid of first, the Prince of China or the Prince of Korea?"