20. 211 Degrees Fahrenheit

Start from the beginning

His arm had been grazed slightly, but once the men had been arrested Jisung took in no time bringing Chen Le back here, where Xiaojun and his friends had gotten absolutely hysterical. Chen Le was put in a bed, with a cold compress, and luckily they are keeping an eye on him.

And Jisung got angry. He got very, very angry. If the Kingdom of China had a problem with him, then they could take it out on him. Not at Chen Le.

Except, Yuta keeps denying that they are the Chinese Guard.

"Nakamoto Yuta." Jisung crossed his arms, staring at his guard. "How do you know for sure these aren't Prince Hendery's men."

"Because." Yuta bowed to Jisung, a closed fist over his heart. He was swearing his loyalty to Jisung. "A few of them were Lee-eun's men."

***

"At least it's just a mild concussion."

They had put the knocked-out Chen Le in the guest room, Xiaojun holding an ice pack on his head. He was waiting for him to wake up so that he could feed him some soup and juice.

"Is he going to be okay?" Johnny asked. He was leaning against the doorway, his arms crossed as he watched the scene in front of him. "He'll be fine?"

"Chen Le didn't experience any traumatic brain injury so he'll be okay." Kun got up from the bed, where he had been sitting next to Xiaojun. "We should probably let his friend know-"

"The royal highness said he was going to personally tell him himself." Xiaojun raised the blanket up a bit higher, snugging it tightly around Chen Le's neck. "Did they really attack the Prince here? Of all places?"

First there was the assassination attempt, then it was Mark trying to hurt Donghyuck while under the influence. And now hurting the Prince? In broad daylight?

Johnny thought of earlier, when he had been confronted by Mark.

There is someone out there set to destroy anyone with Donghyuck's blood and if the others like me get controlled again and meet your brother, they might kill him.

Mark was right. They were going to hurt Donghyuck. They were going to hurt his brother.

And Mark was going to spill everything to Donghyuck.

Right before the Prince was knocking on the door, Donghyuck dashed into the house and took Mark to hide him in the basement so that the Prince wouldn't recognize him, Johnny not even having the time to yell at him. He had been in mid-argument with Mark, the two maintaining deadly eye contact. Donghyuck is defending him way too much.

They had to get rid of Mark.

***

"I'm going to check if the coast is clear," Donghyuck said, climbing up the steps. "You stay out. Code word is donuts."

Mark nodded, staying rooted in his spot where he was standing. "As you wish."

Setting his hand on the door knob, he got ready to open the door when he heard someone scream for Chen Le, yelling for him before it suddenly got quiet again.

"Dear heavens, who could be screaming right now at this hour," Donghyuck mumbled before he opened the basement door slightly, poking his head out.

There wasn't anyone in the hallway; they were probably all talking somewhere. Or outside. They might have been outside.

He stepped into the hallway and walked towards the kitchen, where out the window, he could see- woah.

Prince Jisung of Korea, his bodyguard, and Prince Hendery of China were all in a deep conversation in Xiaojun's backyard.