There's This Place We'll Stay

[Back Streets Of Hong Kong]

"OUTTA MY FACE RUNT!"

"OW!"

The alley went silent for a few seconds before a loud thud sounded throughout followed by a man sprinting out of the narrow alleyway with blood on his hands. Within the alley a boy was battered and bruised, leaning on the wall for support. "Damn bastard" He cursed and wiped some of the blood from his nose. The boy turned towards a small pile of blankets, if they could even be called blankets with all the holes they had, and crawled towards them clutching his side. Once he arrived he collapsed on the makeshift bed and fell asleep.

[Next Day]

Once the boy awoke he limped out of the alley and navigated towards the main streets in search of food. He stumbled towards a fruit vendor and collapsed in front of it alarming the owner. "You ok kid?" He asked, crouching down in front of the boy's body. "Kid?" He asked once more, this time poking the boy's deep brown hair. The boy stumbled to a stand and stalked off without a word. The vendor stood and wiped his gray brows with an equally gray sleeveless shirt and turned towards his stand unknowing of the fact that both an apple and his wallet had been stolen.

"Bèndàn" The boy mocked as his pitch black orbs inspected the bright red apple before moving on to count the cash left in the wallet. "105 yuan that should be enough for a meal". The boy closed the wallet and headed to the nearest fast food place while munching on his stolen apple. He ended up at a Mcdonald's and decided this was good enough as any to get something to eat. Sure it was greasy and unhealthy but who cares about health when you don't have a home? As the boy walked to his seat he saw a girl around his age walk to the counter ready to order. The boy turned and looked at her and was mesmerized. Despite her hair being caked in dirt small cracks of her deep red hair shone through almost as if rays of sunlight were peaking through. Her eyes were no different as the blazing orange orbs accompanied her hair perfectly. The boy stood in shock so much so that he almost missed the cashier denying her purchase as she had inadequate funds. The boy set his food down and rushed to the counter. "I'll cover the rest of it" he said quickly as he snatched the stolen wallet out of his jacket pocket, almost tearing the poor thing in half. He gave the cashier the money who shrugged and accepted the combined payment.

"Thanks" The girl said quietly before walking off to a table. The brown haired boy blinked before hurrying after her and grabbing his food.

"Hey wait!" The boy called. The shorter girl turned towards him with a face full of fries and a curious expression.

"Vhhaddyawant?" She asked. The boy didn't answer as he was too busy bursting out in laughter.

"Don't talk with your mouth full" He instructed between laughs. The girl turned back around continuing towards her table and the boy followed. She sat at the table and the boy did so as well. "So what's your name?" the boy asked.

"Mvineneameishanjed" She answered, again with a mouth full of fries.

"Mouth" The boy said pointing to her currently full mouth. The girl realized what he meant and quickly chewed and swallowed the fries with a satisfied sigh.

"My name is Anjed," She reiterated. "What's yours?"

"Wei" He answered. The conversation ended there as the two instead took to their food. Once the two finished they turned back towards each other to continue the conversation  they had started earlier. "So Anjed, you from around here? That name you got sounds foreign as hell"

"One of my parents is from the states" She quickly answered with a hint of malice as if simply mentioning her parents was a quick way to piss her off but it seemed Wei hadn't got the memo as he continued to prod.