Harry walked over to my dresser where there was a picture frame of me and Tyler. It was last year during the summer, where my hair was lighter and my skin was tanner. It was taken at the beach, with me in my blue bikini and him in his dark green swimming trunks. Our hair was dripping wet as the two of us stood in front of the glistening ocean, smiling at the camera.

            “Who’s that?” Harry asks, pointing to the picture.

            “My older brother, Tyler,” I tell him. “He goes to Manchester University.”

            Harry looks at me, a small smile on his face. “My sister does too.” I smile and he looks around a bit more. “How come you don’t have pictures with your parents?”

            I shrug, sitting on the edge of my bed. “My parents aren’t really ones to take pictures,” I say. Suddenly, my phone rang. Looking at the screen, I saw that it was my mother. Biting my lip, I answer the phone. “Hey, Mum.”

            “Elena, are you alright? We heard about the storm,” her voice came through the ear piece.

            “Yeah, I’m fine,” I tell her. “It’s just a little rain.”

            “Okay, well stay safe,” she lets out a sigh. “Stay home.”

            I roll my eyes. “Alright, I will. Bye.”

            “Bye,” she says, before hanging up.

***************

            “This rain isn’t slowing down any time soon,” Harry murmurs as he stares out the big living room window.

            I let out a sigh, standing up. “It’s getting late,” I say. “We should go to bed.” Harry nods and stands up as well, and the two of us walk to the second floor. I show him where the guest room is, and then go into Tyler’s room to get out a pair of his old pajamas. “You can just wear these,” I say, handing the clothes to him.

            “Thanks,” he murmurs, taking the clothes from me.

            “Night, Harry,” I say, walking out the door.

            “Night,” I hear him mumble.

            I walk back into my room, and change into my own pajamas. I change into a blue tank top and white night shorts. Once I had brushed my teeth, I walk over to my bed and plop down on it. The thunder keeps roaring outside, and every five seconds my room lights up because of the lightening. I’ve never been a big fan of thunder storms since they always scared me. Tyler would always be there to comfort me at night whenever they occured, but he’s not here right now.

            Staring up at the ceiling, my mind wandered over to the boy who was in the room next to mine. I don’t even know how we became friends. We were just harmless project partners, but now we’re friends. We talk at school and he visits me at work some times, gives me a lift in his car, and occasionally steals glances at me. I don’t know what’s going on between Harry and I, and no matter how much it’s confusing me, I kind of maybe like it.