5 Wade

He couldn't help but smile. Peter always had a way of making his day. It was sad that being looked at as a normal person felt exhilarating, but it was. Peter didn't treat him special and whether or not it was because he was polite or because he genuinely wasn't bothered by Wade's face, Wade didn't care. Being around the guy just made his chest swell with warmth and he wasn't sure what to do with all that happy energy. 

"So," Wade clapped his hands together as they walked outside of the facility together, unintentionally making Peter jump. The brunette was picking at the blue wrap he was given. He was given the terrible pattern, the one where the tech simply wraps it around your arm rather than wasting a few inches more to give a comfortable cross pattern to make the bandage bearable. "Here, let's fix that first." 

"What? No need, I don't want you to risk getting blood on you." Peter said, covering his arm with his hand when Wade reached towards him. 

Wade paused. Maybe Peter didn't want him touching. "If you don't want me to fix it that's fine, but I'm comfortable doing so if that's what you want." he offered. 

Peter pursed his lips and glanced down at his arm. The bandage was wrapped so tight that it was giving his arm a muffin top where there shouldn't be muffin tops. Upon closer inspection, it was actually cutting off his circulation in his skin if they were going to go off the white border surrounding the wrap.

"Not outside their front door, they might think there's something weird going on." 

"They're not going to think we're doing something weird, honestly we should march you back in and ask for a proper wrap." Wade cast a glance towards the reception desk they could see through the glass entrance.

"We are not doing that," Peter said firmly.

"I know, I know. Here, give me your arm." He began to unwrap his arm, waiting for Peter to hold down the first layer resting on the gauze before he redid the pattern into something like an infinity symbol encasing Peter's arm. "Feel better?"

"Tons," Peter admitted, awkwardly glancing back towards the reception desk, but there was no one there to watch or care about what they were doing. 

"Perfect. So, back to what I was saying." Wade started walking again, leading them towards a nearby bench to sit down. "The place is a little further than is reasonable to walk so I'll order us an Uber. Part of my treat," he added before Peter could say something about how that wasn't necessary. 

The brunette didn't seem entirely convinced but he didn't argue with him and waited patiently for their ride to arrive. From there it was a fairly uneventful ride to the restaurant save for the part where they almost died. They had been following traffic when some truck came barreling through an intersection with a trajectory aimed right for Peter's side. They'd both seen it, both tensed for impact. Peter had grabbed the 'oh shit' handle above the door and braced a hand out towards Wade while looking at the charging vehicle. In retrospect, Wade wasn't sure what Peter thought being ready to brace him would do in face of Peter getting his body crushed but that wasn't what was important. What was important was that the pickup in the lane just right of them slammed into the rear passenger side of the lifted pickup, sending it into a spin that their driver hardly missed and didn't even notice. Disaster averted, they continued on with their drive like nothing happened while a four-car pile-up blossomed behind them. 

"Oh wow, do you see that?" the driver said after they were a quarter mile away from the scene. 

"Don't worry, we saw plenty," Peter said, sounding reasonably on edge. 

"Good thing that wasn't us." their driver continued. Wade pinched the bridge of his nose and laughed.

That would be his luck, getting his date friend killed on the car ride to their outing. Peter had a healing factor, that was something he knew but he doubted it had any power to it, enough to keep a mangled body alive and heal it back to its perfect state.